Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Alien Isolation, the first game to look better on Switch than on PS4/XB1?

its a good port but ps4 xbox players had this years ago, Apart from a better AA solution theres nothing on it better than the higher console versions in fact in handheld it goes to 500p at times

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Definitely sounds like the Switch has the definitive version of this game. I'd so get this, but horror games aren't my thing. great port!

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Definitely looks like one of the best conversions to hit the Switch to date. Feral are on a roll, GRID was also a strong effort, if they keep this up they may join the ranks of Panic Button, QLOC, Saber and Virtuos in the Switch port masters squad.

Barkley said:

It is a port of a PS3/360 game so the PS4/XBO versions being much beyond what the Switch is capable of was always unlikely.

I don't think it's accurate to say it's a PS3/360 port. It was a crossgen game, and not one where the 7th gen was the baseline and PS4/Xbone just pumped up the res.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

The question is... where my physical version, though?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

Skeeuk said:
its a good port but ps4 xbox players had this years ago, Apart from a better AA solution theres nothing on it better than the higher console versions in fact in handheld it goes to 500p at times

It stays 1080p most of the time, has better AA, no screen tearing and framerate is more consistent. It looks much better than the PS4/XOne versions.

On top of that the Switch version has added very well done gyro controls. Its easily the best version of the game.

Around the Network

If it ever gets a physical version, I might check it out.

IMO, I still prefer the longer shadow draw distance and the less aggressive LOD transitions that the home consoles offer over the Switch's superior AA method ...

LMAO no way!!!

Good to see Switch getting even more impressive ports.

Conina said:
I have the superior PC version, but it seems to be a great port. Maybe I'll double dip... but I don't know if I can go back to a flat version after I experienced that game in VR.

Does it really have a VR mode? Perhaps for PSVR?

Or you just used the headset as screen?

This game really is something that VR can make 10x better and more immersive, and scary.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Conina said:
I have the superior PC version, but it seems to be a great port. Maybe I'll double dip... but I don't know if I can go back to a flat version after I experienced that game in VR.

Does it really have a VR mode? Perhaps for PSVR?

Or you just used the headset as screen?

This game really is something that VR can make 10x better and more immersive, and scary.

https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases/

seated VR with Xbox controller:

View on YouTube

standing VR with Oculus controllers:

View on YouTube