By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Games Would You Like To See Nintendo Re-release / Remaster / Remake For The Switch?

What Games Would You Like To See Nintendo Re-Release / Remaster / Remake For The Switch?

Mario 64 / Galaxy 1 & 2 / Sunshine 3 20.00%

Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask 2 13.33%

Donkey Kong 64 0 0%

Donkey Kong Country Trilogy 2 13.33%

Super Mario RPG 2 13.33%

Metroid Prime Trilogy 2 13.33%

F-Zero X 1 6.67%

Kid Icarus Uprising 2 13.33%

Paper Mario 1 6.67%

Eternal Darkness 0 0%

Total:15

I would like Nintendo (and Monolith Soft) to collaborate with Square Enix to make/co-publish a Xenogears remake which fleshes out the whole story and uses the Xenoblade series' combat system.

Around the Network

I rather they make remakes and reimaginations of games that have yet seen a rerelease yet. Sure I would like to be able to play as many of my old favorites on the switch as possible, since it is my favorite system, but well received games that is currently locked on a specific system is what I mostly would like. Previously named Mario Sunshine and Eternal Darkness come tom mind as well as Paper Mario TTYD.

I think that Mario Sunshine get my vote. It is stuck on the Gamecube and compared to many other main-line Mario games it is not regarded as a masterpiece. I think they could fix it up and give a new generation the chance to play it.
Even if reimagination of old favorites on NES, SNES or N64 would be neat, at least it is possible to play the games in some form on modern systems. That is why the focus land on the oldest system yet to have any digital rerelease of the games, the GameCube.

F-Zero GX
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario (if the IR sensor can be used for Tippi)

And all the Fire Emblem Games that didn't make it to the west yet.

Well, need I to remind the thread, that officially we don't have HD-port of Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Also I would die for Pandora's Tower, such an underrated gem. Kid Icarus Uprising should also be a no brainer. And I think Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn would also be glorious in HD. And Zelda Skyward Sword.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Super Mario RPG and wouldn't mind a few DS/3DS games getting ported (ie. NSMB1&2)

Around the Network

As no-one has mentioned the wii series i'm just gonna put that in here, specifically Sports and party. Also, Chibi robo plug into adventure!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

If they did a Mario 64 remake, I think a re-imagining would be more preferable to me. Modern Mario with modern graphics and all new paintings to jump into, whether they are based on the originals or not.

I'd like the music to stay, or just be re-made in a higher quality (not necessarily orchestra) what with no longer having to be limited by cartridge space.

Same as most other people in this thread:

- Any Zelda game
- Any 3D Mario

I also wanted Pokémon gen 4 remakes, but considering the current state of the franchise, I probably actually don't.

peachbuggy said:

As no-one has mentioned the wii series i'm just gonna put that in here, specifically Sports and party. Also, Chibi robo plug into adventure!

I didn't mention it, because I am not sure anymore Nintendo might flat out port Wii Sport or Sports Resort. The reason is RingFit Adventure. This is obviously a reinvention of WiiFit, but it brings the concept to a whole new level. I now see it quite possible they also have a complete rethinking of Wii Sports for us.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Baten Kaitos re release, but give the QoL improvements of Origins to the first game.

Mischief Makers, I don't know who owns it exactly, but that would be cool to have again, either port or remake, I don't care.

Kirby Air Ride remake, like add a ton more to the already great base game, that is assuming I'll never get a sequel, even a port I'll be fine with.

And skip gen 4 of Pokemon and go straight to gen 5 remakes.