By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling 3rd party game for each Nintendo console since N64 in the US (NPD's Matt Piscatella)

https://nintendoeverything.com/best-selling-third-party-games-on-n64-gamecube-wii-wii-u-and-switch/

N64 – WCW/NWO Revenge
Gamecube – Sonic Adventure 2
Wii – Guitar Hero World Tour
Wii U – LEGO Dimensions
Switch – Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

[Note that this is based on dollar sales rankings]

Around the Network

SA2. Ah yeah!

Mar1217 said:
Not surprised with SA 2. A game I've seen owned by almost everyone who had a GameCube in my town.

Well, it was the first Sonic game ever released on a Nintendo system. That was a REALLY big deal. 

No surprise about Sonic on gc. It was a launch game iirc and I had it. Am very surprised Just dance wasn't best selling 3rd party game on Wii though.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
No surprise about Sonic on gc. It was a launch game iirc and I had it. Am very surprised Just dance wasn't best selling 3rd party game on Wii though.

I did not think it was a launch game. But more importantly, it was the first time Sonic went third-party.

Around the Network

Good ol' SA2. Great game!

RaptorChrist said:
peachbuggy said:

I did not think it was a launch game. But more importantly, it was the first time Sonic went third-party.

Thinking about it now, I think I had a modded gc. It had a switch on the back to convert from Japanese to Ntsc. I also think my Sonic was a Japanese version so maybe it was a launch title in Japan? 

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Sonic Adventure 2 and Mario+Rabbids are two of the best games I've ever played.

Disappointing to see Sonic Adventure 2 at the top, happy for Rabbids tho.

I only have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but it's very enjoyable. I even got it on Steam back in 2016, and had a ton of fun again.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima