By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer: " I have Issues with VR, VR is non communal, non social " , Focus of Project Scarlett Because Our Customers Aren't Asking for It , Update : Phil Spencer : " Half Life Alix is amazing "

Tagged games:

What do you think

I disagree with Phil 20 35.09%

I agree with Phil 21 36.84%

I love VR so i am stayed with PS5 or PC 14 24.56%

I love VR but II love Xbo... 0 0%

Cloud gaming is the future not VR 2 3.51%

Total:57

MS shouldn't waste resources for VR games while most gamers simply don't buy it but I would still like to see them supporting Oculus or something with an implementation in games like Forza and for third-party VR games.

But yeah, they shouldn't let their studios work on VR games if that would mean less Xbox games not for VR. That would hurt many more gamers as it will hurt if they don't support it.

Around the Network

I dont like VR so i agree.
Xbox has few exclusives this generation.They dont need to split studios just to focus in VR.

Sorry for my bad english

I think it's partly an issue of not wanting to over-complicate the first year or two of the new Xbox, a lot is riding on a good launch that continues to grow momentum. When the console is still expensive, it'll be hard to sell a VR headset alongside it. He also knows that VR is far from a deal breaker for most people, since they initially touted the Xbox One X as a VR ready console, but when they quietly dropped that, nobody really cared. Also, Microsoft seem like their goal is to have their games available on as many platforms as possible, via xCloud and introducing requirements beyond just a controller, will only complicate things. But as the tech improves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Xbox adopt VR, either their own headset or maybe one of the established PC headsets.

I'm like VR but, right now, VR isn't advanced enough to achieve mass market success, if it ever is, Microsoft will follow that money and start providing Xbox VR.

Radek said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Good. Focus on the core gaming experience. If I want VR I can go to PC or PSVR, I just don’t want it so I don’t. I agree with him too that VR is a way to play games that isolates you from everyone else. Some prefer that and are in to that, more power to them.

😆 @ that tweet response.

They promised VR for Xbox One X though? What happened to that? Maybe One / One S was too weak, I understand but Scarlett?

I love how you can spin everything bad into good news though 😆

How exactly do you know that it's bad news for him if Xbox teams will only work on games not for VR instead of working on both which would reduce the manpower for the projects he is interested in?

Did you ever imagine that not everyone loves everything how Sony does it?

Sounds like more games-as-a-service propaganda.

Around the Network

Stuff like this "non-communal" quote is why so many people think Phil is a bullshit artist. It's ridiculous. Gaming has ALWAYS offered plenty of single-player experiences. It's every bit as much a part of gaming as multi-player.

I suppose the bright side here is that he's basically straight-up telling me that Xbox isn't for me. Good to know. Thanks, Phil.

VR is niche but hopefully next gen we will have some really good games. It can definitely increase the immersion. I love SP games and his comment about non communal is BS

I think VR is starting to get to a level where it can offer an experience that is not inferior to what you get with a traditional setup. Next gen could be the leap that it needs to become more relevant. I'm pretty sure that in 20 years, we will be at a point where the VR experience is very involved and impressive and offers unrivaled immersion in virtual worlds.
It's just a matter of when are you impressed enough to jump in. And since Sony has been and will be my companion of choice in gaming, it's nice that they have stuck with the VR stuff and believe in it enough to want to develop it further.

Pretty big loss, VR gaming has been huge for me. Can't wait to see how the technology develops

Radek said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Good. Focus on the core gaming experience. If I want VR I can go to PC or PSVR, I just don’t want it so I don’t. I agree with him too that VR is a way to play games that isolates you from everyone else. Some prefer that and are in to that, more power to them.

😆 @ that tweet response.

They promised VR for Xbox One X though? What happened to that? Maybe One / One S was too weak, I understand but Scarlett?

I love how you can spin everything bad into good news though 😆

1. This isn’t bad

2. I don’t care for VR. MS wasting no resources on VR is a good thing for me 👍

Hope that helps