Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 09 November 2019

Skeeuk said:

how is the ps4 selling so much in its final year the numbers must be off

PS4 is down year over year but it’s still posting high  numbers due to the holiday period, and death stranding. Holidays contribute to 40-50% of all yearly sales I believe, at least for Nintendo and Microsoft whilst Sony  usually sells more throughout the year. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
OTBWY said:

The Switch is an actual monster. With the holidays set, this is the calm before the storm. I think next week we might see it close to half a million? Maybe a bit too optimistic but oh well.

Not too optimistic at all

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee boosted Switch sales to 653,055 according to our estimates. While Sword and Shield won't be the first Pokemon game on the platform, it will be the first core Pokemon game as Let's Go was a bit of a mix of a core game and Pokemon GO.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Year on Year Sales & Market Share Charts - November 9, 2019 - Read here.

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2016 – (Week ending January 9 to November 13)

2017 – (Week ending January 7 to November 11)

2018 – (Week ending January 6 to November 10)

2018 – (Week ending January 5 to November 9)

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

"Year to date" sales for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2019 versus 2018 and 2018 versus 2017 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 1,057,537 (-28.5%)

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 3,330,846 (38.9%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 1,2483,374 (-55.2%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 1,875,797 (-15.7%)
  • PlayStation Vita – Down Year-on-Year 167,450 (-83.0%)

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Next week will be a curious one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benjisales/status/1195105708670431232?s=21

A Death Stranding baby bump. After only losing 1 sale last month, Vita lost 5 more sales for a 5% decrease. *** ****

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

A Death Stranding baby bump. After only losing 1 sale last month, Vita lost 5 more sales for a 5% decrease. *** ****

As soon as Famitsu stops tracking the PS Vita, so will we. 

Wyrdness said:
Next week will be a curious one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benjisales/status/1195105708670431232?s=21

Let's Go provided a large bump to Switch sales. I'd expect Sword / Shield to do the same thing. 

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Just to be clear, I have no issues with the site continuing to track the Vita. It's ******* great. I'm legitimately concerned with that 5% drop though.

Chinese food for breakfast

COKTOE said:
trunkswd said:

Just to be clear, I have no issues with the site continuing to track the Vita. It's ******* great. I'm legitimately concerned with that 5% drop though.

I figured you weren't having issues with us still tracking it. 

This is the last week of the year where the Switch is playing Mr Nice Guy. From next week on it should go into kaiju mode.

The only thing holding it back now is Nintendo's stubbornness in not doing any good holiday deals.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.