Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 09 November 2019

Thanks again to the staff (or is this a solo performance by you trunks?) for getting the numbers less than a week behind real time, much appreciated.

Switch in each region > Xbone in every region. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

how is the ps4 selling so much in its final year the numbers must be off

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I have to agree that it’s really nice to see the numbers rolling out so quickly now. I think this is good for the overall health of the site. Especially if you can beat everyone else to the punch on sales data for Pokemon week. That should gain VGChartz some great press.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

zorg1000 said:
kazuyamishima said:

So this week was the release of the switch lite Pokémon special edition in NA right??

Yes, Europe too

Uh, and seeing Benji's words on twitter maybe the switch is a little undertrack this week, weird that the new edition didn't have much effect. But i don't think it's anything crazy and these numbers are probably really close to it. 

curl-6 said:

Thanks again to the staff (or is this a solo performance by you trunks?) for getting the numbers less than a week behind real time, much appreciated.

Switch in each region > Xbone in every region. 

It is generally just me who updates the hardware figures. However, if anyone finds any new numbers they do pass it along, so I can make the necessary adjustments. Being up to date does mean the numbers are likely to not be as accurate compared to if I were to be a month behind since we would have more figures from around the world. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I have to agree that it’s really nice to see the numbers rolling out so quickly now. I think this is good for the overall health of the site. Especially if you can beat everyone else to the punch on sales data for Pokemon week. That should gain VGChartz some great press.

It feels great having hardware figures up to date. I like to wait until after Famitsu posts their numbers before doing the weekly hardware figures, so expect the hardware figures to be posted on Thursdays most weeks. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Skeeuk said:

how is the ps4 selling so much in its final year the numbers must be off

PS4 sales are down significantly year-over-year. It sold 454,180 units during the same week a year ago. This compares to 275,477 units for November 9, 2019.

xMetroid said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes, Europe too

Uh, and seeing Benji's words on twitter maybe the switch is a little undertrack this week, weird that the new edition didn't have much effect. But i don't think it's anything crazy and these numbers are probably really close to it. 

Like Trunks said, being up to date on hardware numbers means there is a greater chance of adjustments needing to be made.

I could be wrong but it seems like whatever method this site uses just kind of calculates a baseline and adjusts that baseline whenever official data comes in because outside of the Switch Lite launch there really hasnt been much in the way of big weekly gains/drops for most of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The Switch is an actual monster. With the holidays set, this is the calm before the storm. I think next week we might see it close to half a million? Maybe a bit too optimistic but oh well.

OTBWY said:

The Switch is an actual monster. With the holidays set, this is the calm before the storm. I think next week we might see it close to half a million? Maybe a bit too optimistic but oh well.

Not too optimistic at all

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.