By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 09 November 2019

So this week was the release of the switch lite Pokémon special edition in NA right??

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 14 November 2019

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

So this week was the release of the switch lite Pokémon special edition in NA right??

Yes, Europe too

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thanks again to the staff (or is this a solo performance by you trunks?) for getting the numbers less than a week behind real time, much appreciated.

Switch in each region > Xbone in every region. 

how is the ps4 selling so much in its final year the numbers must be off

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I have to agree that it’s really nice to see the numbers rolling out so quickly now. I think this is good for the overall health of the site. Especially if you can beat everyone else to the punch on sales data for Pokemon week. That should gain VGChartz some great press.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Yes, Europe too

Uh, and seeing Benji's words on twitter maybe the switch is a little undertrack this week, weird that the new edition didn't have much effect. But i don't think it's anything crazy and these numbers are probably really close to it. 

xMetroid said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes, Europe too

Uh, and seeing Benji's words on twitter maybe the switch is a little undertrack this week, weird that the new edition didn't have much effect. But i don't think it's anything crazy and these numbers are probably really close to it. 

Like Trunks said, being up to date on hardware numbers means there is a greater chance of adjustments needing to be made.

I could be wrong but it seems like whatever method this site uses just kind of calculates a baseline and adjusts that baseline whenever official data comes in because outside of the Switch Lite launch there really hasnt been much in the way of big weekly gains/drops for most of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The Switch is an actual monster. With the holidays set, this is the calm before the storm. I think next week we might see it close to half a million? Maybe a bit too optimistic but oh well.

OTBWY said:

The Switch is an actual monster. With the holidays set, this is the calm before the storm. I think next week we might see it close to half a million? Maybe a bit too optimistic but oh well.

Not too optimistic at all

Skeeuk said:

how is the ps4 selling so much in its final year the numbers must be off

PS4 is down year over year but it’s still posting high  numbers due to the holiday period, and death stranding. Holidays contribute to 40-50% of all yearly sales I believe, at least for Nintendo and Microsoft whilst Sony  usually sells more throughout the year.