By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Sonic Movie Trailer... we won, it's pretty good!

Tagged games:

Your thoughts?

Great trailer all over! I'll go watch it now! 10 43.48%

Decent trailer, but Sonic... 10 43.48%

Nice trailer, the design ... 0 0%

Bad trailer and bad new design. No interest. 0 0%

I liked the old design, skipping it now. 3 13.04%

Who is this Sonic you tal... 0 0%

Total:23

My only complaint now is that I don't like his voice xD

Around the Network

The new model looks great!
Trailer itself was alright.
I may actually go see this movie now!

One of the lead animators on sonic mania is responsible for the redesign.

Wow, Sonic actually pretty much looks like Sonic, rather than a creepy little guy dressed as a furry or some weird blue furry alien XD. Movie actually looks kinda cool for a video game film, and should be fun to see Jim Carrey as Robotnik.

That original design still baffles me, but I suppose they just wanted to make Sonic look a bit more "mature" or realistic, but like, mature and realistic doesn't exactly work with a cartoonish blue hedgehog :/

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Sonic looks much better now, the jokes are still flat and mostly unfunny, so I don't really see the redesign doing much for the overall quality of the movie, but we'll see. Still probably won't bother seeing it in theaters.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:
Sonic looks much better now, the jokes are still flat and mostly unfunny, so I don't really see the redesign doing much for the overall quality of the movie, but we'll see. Still probably won't bother seeing it in theaters.

What if there is a LoD reference in the movie?

Then I'll check it out once the movie comes out on one of the two dozen streaming services around these days.

BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:

Then I'll check it out once the movie comes out on one of the two dozen streaming services around these days.

Come on!

The blue guy just got out of hardcore drugs, give him a chance!

I'm just waiting for the relapse, which if history is any indication is right around the corner with Sonic. 

I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed.

I mean I was looking forward to a trainwreck, but now I might actually see a good movie.

Worst case scenario is probably that the movie turns out mediocre or bad despite the efforts to fix it. Because then it will be bad, but not in a funny way. So I hope it turns out good.

I LOVE ICELAND!

The first design was purposely supposed to look "bad". That was part of the charm it had. People just didn't get it. Hopefully the movie will turn out to be good regardless, but I don't watch too many movies so I dunno if it'll be something I see.

I'd vote for, if it was on there, Sonic looks great, but the movie/trailer looks bad, so I'm not interested.