Forums - Movies Discussion - New Sonic Movie Trailer... we won, it's pretty good!

Tagged games:

Your thoughts?

Great trailer all over! I'll go watch it now! 10 43.48%
 
Decent trailer, but Sonic... 10 43.48%
 
Nice trailer, the design ... 0 0.00%
 
Bad trailer and bad new design. No interest. 0 0.00%
 
I liked the old design, skipping it now. 3 13.04%
 
Who is this Sonic you tal... 0 0.00%
 
Total:23

One of the lead animators on sonic mania is responsible for the redesign.



Around the Network
padib said:

hmmm, me gusta!

@dx11332sega. Imagine the ptsd on the poor souls who edited the original.

Deep web Tails lost his partner ;-(



Wow, Sonic actually pretty much looks like Sonic, rather than a creepy little guy dressed as a furry or some weird blue furry alien XD. Movie actually looks kinda cool for a video game film, and should be fun to see Jim Carrey as Robotnik.

That original design still baffles me, but I suppose they just wanted to make Sonic look a bit more "mature" or realistic, but like, mature and realistic doesn't exactly work with a cartoonish blue hedgehog :/



 

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

UltimateGamer1982 said:
One of the lead animators on sonic mania is responsible for the redesign.

Sonic Mania was Sonic fans showing how to make a Sonic game.

Now Sonic Mania is also Sonic fans showing how to make a Sonic movie design.

Sonic Mania is truly the game we deserved.



DarthMetalliCube said:
Wow, Sonic actually pretty much looks like Sonic, rather than a creepy little guy dressed as a furry or some weird blue furry alien XD. Movie actually looks kinda cool for a video game film, and should be fun to see Jim Carrey as Robotnik

I'm so glad he's called Dr. Robotnik and not Eggman.



Around the Network

Sonic looks much better now, the jokes are still flat and mostly unfunny, so I don't really see the redesign doing much for the overall quality of the movie, but we'll see. Still probably won't bother seeing it in theaters.



My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Darashiva said:
Sonic looks much better now, the jokes are still flat and mostly unfunny, so I don't really see the redesign doing much for the overall quality of the movie, but we'll see. Still probably won't bother seeing it in theaters.

What if there is a LoD reference in the movie?



BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:
Sonic looks much better now, the jokes are still flat and mostly unfunny, so I don't really see the redesign doing much for the overall quality of the movie, but we'll see. Still probably won't bother seeing it in theaters.

What if there is a LoD reference in the movie?

Then I'll check it out once the movie comes out on one of the two dozen streaming services around these days.



My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Darashiva said:
BraLoD said:

What if there is a LoD reference in the movie?

Then I'll check it out once the movie comes out on one of the two dozen streaming services around these days.

Come on!

The blue guy just got out of hardcore drugs, give him a chance!



BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:

Then I'll check it out once the movie comes out on one of the two dozen streaming services around these days.

Come on!

The blue guy just got out of hardcore drugs, give him a chance!

I'm just waiting for the relapse, which if history is any indication is right around the corner with Sonic. 



My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)