Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apparently the GTS got cut off Pokemon Sword and Shield

Tagged games:

No GTS, how do you feel?

It's fine 0 0.00%

Don't care 7 25.93%

I'll miss it 6 22.22%

Unacceptable 13 48.15%

I'm glad it's gone 1 3.70%

Total:27

There is a thread on ResetEra about this that says its confirmed, based on what is found in the coding from the game, but I'll keep the thread here as a rumor until it gets actually confirmed as in someone that can prove it's not really there. (sadly official info for the game do not mention or show it at all, while having/showing for the other modes, so I've taken the rumor part off the thread title, as it's very likely it got cut off now).

Here is ResetEra thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/confirmed-pok%C3%A9mon-sword-shield-dropped-gts-contains-multiplayer-code-from-lets-go.152567/

What do you think about it?

Last edited by BraLoD - on 12 November 2019

Around the Network

What is GTS?

Chrkeller said:
What is GTS?

The best online trading system from the series, introduced in Diamond and Pearl.

You can use it to directly trade specific pokemon with anyone all over the world, without ever needing to know the person with the pokemon you want/need.

It's not a rumour, it's 100% confirmed. There was no GTS in the game files.
This was the only mention of the GTS in the game's entire text file:

More cut core shit that ruins gameplay. Unbelievable.

With so many cuts and rumours going on, I'm not sure if this is true. I mean, why would they nerf trading like that? What reason would they have for eliminating a proven functional feature? Do they expect people to go back to local trading?

I really want to hear the behind scenes of this game, and what's going on with Pokemon in general. It seems like a massive clusterfuck.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I wasn't personally planning on trading, so it doesn't bother me much.  Frankly I didn't even know an online system ever existed.

Don’t care, I play my own game anyways

i hope they have an alternative??

WATCH ME!

htt://youtube.com/thisisrusko

Used it a lot in Diamond and White. That sucks.

4 ≈ One

I'll miss it.

Last edited by JON0 - on 12 November 2019