By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apparently the GTS got cut off Pokemon Sword and Shield

Tagged games:

No GTS, how do you feel?

It's fine 0 0%

Don't care 7 25.93%

I'll miss it 6 22.22%

Unacceptable 13 48.15%

I'm glad it's gone 1 3.70%

Total:27

Someone in this thread said that between the two versions, it is possible to get all the Pokémons? That’s so wonderful and now I plan to complete the pokedex. Now I really am happy that the National dex was removed lol

Around the Network

I just want to see some reviews. Based on internet comments it appears the predicted Meta is somewhere between 20 and 95. Quite the range we have in opinions. I just want reviews so it can all be laid to rest.

Darwinianevolution said:
Dulfite said:
From what I read we won't need it because all the Pokemon can be caught on either version and since they aren't compatible with prior games we don't need the GTS. The sequel to this game will need GTS, but not this one.

Now, if you just don't want to have to deal with trying and succeeding in catching them all and the GTS was your way out, I can understand your frustrations. Personally I've never cared about catching them all, I just go after the ones I want to use and ignore the rest. Well that was until Let's Go because you could level up by catching haha.

But you still need someone else to trade, and that will be an issue.

What about gengar, machamp, rhyperior, accelgor, excavalier...? All of those pokemon evolve through trade, if you don't have anyone to trade with, you won't be able to get them. The GTS was the perfect answer for this, and it's gone now...

I had forgotten about that!

trasharmdsister12 said:
think-man said:
Is this the system where you blind trade? Like I can give someone a level 1 Pidgey and get a Mewtwo in return?

No, that's Wonder Trade. GTS - Global Trading System is where you can make a request for a specific pokemon that you want to trade for a specific pokemon you want to trade for and it will help set that trade up with another use over the internet. 

Even if this is a reduced dex and you can get all the Pokemon in the dex between the two games, you will need people you know to trade with and who will commit to catching the Pokemon you want. But that's only if nothing has been put in place to replace the GTS.

From what I've read it says the system in the game is the same as the one in Let's Go. I'm not quite sure what that system is as I haven't played Let's Go but I heard it had something to do with both users entering a code to set up the trade? Does anyone know the system in Let's Go in more detail?

Dont know what the system in the Lets go games, but the online system they are introducing now its called Y-Comm. They already announced this feature, and its gonna include online trading (I assume whatever substitutes GTS), wonder trade (now called Surprise Trade) and online battles. Basically what the Festival Plaza/PSS was to Sun/Moon. And as any online service you will have to pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to access it.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 12 November 2019

My question is... can I play 6 VS 6 battles against random people on the internet without having to manually look for people on a list, select them, challenging them and wait for them to either accept my challenge, reject it or make me wait for minutes?

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Don’t care, I play my own game anyways

Ditto (no pun intended)

This whole game is a giant bruh moment.

BraLoD said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Ah perfect! This is what I was trying to get to the bottom of. So effectively a lot of the stuff from GTS and Wonder Trade is still in the game, just going by a new name. Thanks!

They never mentioned anything about a GTS replacement.

Online trade from friend codes/in-game codes will certainly be there, tho, there is no way this is an offline game.

Theres Link trading tho (instead of GTS), dont know how it exactly works since neither Nintendo Insider, IGN or Serebii know either. 

Bastards!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BraLoD said:
Jpcc86 said:

Theres Link trading tho (instead of GTS), dont know how it exactly works since neither Nintendo Insider, IGN or Serebii know either. 

Link trade sounds very straight foward, you link to a friend and trade with him. We also had that before, it even uses the same symbol.

Here:

GTS was a separated feature. Here:

Its possible you are right and thats what it is. Im just saying its possible you are not. We dont know how it works yet. "Link trading" could encompass all forms of trading with specific players for specific mons, as opposed to Surprise Trading.