By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 4.8M for the quarter, 41.67 M total)

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348097-nintendo-fy3-2020-q2-earnings-release-switch-at-41-million-sold

Hardware:

Total Switch shipments - 41.67 M

Switch hardware this quarter - 4.8 M

(Switch Lite - 1.95 M)

Software:

Super Mario Maker 2 - 3.93 million
Link's Awakening - 3.13 million
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 2.29 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 19.01 million
Smash Bros Ultimate - 15.71 million
Super Mario Odyssey - 15.38 million
Breath of the Wild - 14.54 million
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! - 11.28 million
Splatoon 2 - 9.28 million
Super Mario Party - 7.59 million
New Super Mario Deluxe U - 4.59 million

Financials:

Net Sales - ¥271,856M 
Operating Income - ¥66,794M 
Net Profit - ¥45,414M 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 October 2019

Around the Network

Wow, who would say that launching 4 exclusives (Astral Chain, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, FE Three Houses and Link's Awakening) would help console sales. The lite helped, but the exclusives made a difference too. A quarter that is usually historically bad for the Switch, was pretty good. And the best quarter for Nintendo is coming, with Pokemon in the lead.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Aw, crap. I got sniped on making this thread.

alejollorente10 said:
Wow, who would say that launching 4 exclusives (Astral Chain, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, FE Three Houses and Link's Awakening) would help console sales. The lite helped, but the exclusives made a difference too. A quarter that is usually historically bad for the Switch, was pretty good. And the best quarter for Nintendo is coming, with Pokemon in the lead.

Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion 3.... it will pe Switcapolypse! 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

mZuzek said:
So, nothing on Astral Chain, huh... color me surprised.

Hooray, Nintendo fanbase. Keep on paying $60 for a 1993 Game Boy game.

What 1993 Game Boy game ?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
So, nothing on Astral Chain, huh... color me surprised.

These reports only cover games that sell over a million in a quarter; Astral Chain was only out for one of the 3 months this report covers, it's not really the kind of game to pass a million in a month.

Link's Awakening on Switch sells nearly as much as the Gameboy original did lifetime (3.8m) in just 11 days.

Splatoon 2 continues its slow but steady climb to 10 million; c'mon buddy, you can do it!

curl-6 said:

Link's Awakening on Switch sells nearly as much as the Gameboy original did lifetime (3.8m) in just 11 days.

Splatoon 2 continues its slow but steady climb to 10 million; c'mon buddy, you can do it!

Don't you worry friend, I will help it soon! 

Link’s Awakening already at 3.13M wow. Almost beat Skyward Sword LT in two weeks.

Has Breath of the Wild really upped the bar for Zelda as a whole? May very well be, good times. I’m pleasantly surprised by all these numbers, even hardware. VGC could even be undertracking it a bit. Mario Kart 8 has a shot at MKWii, Super Mario Party will easily be the series’ best selling entry.

As somebody who joined this forum when the WiiU was starting to crash and burn, it's great seeing Nintendo do so well.