By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 4.8M for the quarter, 41.67 M total)

Great numbers all round! How far is Three Houses away from beat Awakening and Fates?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

So, VGChartz has Switch at 39.7 million sold through as of 19th of October.

Nintendo has it at 41.67 shipped as of 30th September.

Could the disparity be accounted for by units on shelves and in transit, or are adjustments in order?

Looking at Nintendo’s chartz it looks like the Lite has been complementary to the original in Japan and Europe in terms of sales, while in North America there’s a bit of overlap; compared to last year the sales of the original are a bit lower, but are offset (and enhanced) by sales of the Lite.

Also, didn’t notice, but Fire Emblem.. remember when Awakening had to sell at least 250k or else the series would get canned forever?

BOTW's total with the WiiU version would put it at 16.5m I already have the game predicted to pass 20m total by the time the sequel releases.

Great results for the Switch. I'm very interested how the Switch Lite continues to perform, especially as it seems to be less popular than the standard version in Japan right now.

Around the Network

Great set of results for Nintendo. It'll be interesting to see what the Christmas quarter comes in at, but it seems safe to say that Switch will overtake SNES at the next set of financial results. It should overtake NES in 12 months time - it may overhaul NES the end of the first quarter of the next financial year, if sales are strong.

I hope Astral Chain makes it to the million mark this financial year.

Very glad FE is doing so well, I still see it doing 3.5m+ LT. A couple of well-timed sales will push it over Fates easily.

RingoGaSuki said:
Very glad FE is doing so well, I still see it doing 3.5m+ LT. A couple of well-timed sales will push it over Fates easily.

Fates is at 2.84 million - I'd expect Three Houses to overhaul that in the next 6 months and go passed the 3 million mark. 

Marth said:
Jranation said:
Great numbers all round! How far is Three Houses away from beat Awakening and Fates?

Already beat Awakening, needs 650k more to beat Fates LTD.

Very nice! Thankyou

Pocky Lover Boy! 

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:
So, VGChartz has Switch at 39.7 million sold through as of 19th of October.

Nintendo has it at 41.67 shipped as of 30th September.

Could the disparity be accounted for by units on shelves and in transit, or are adjustments in order?

Adjustments are in order.

Why? 1'97M on shelves/transit after the big launch of a new model and just before the lauch of a new Pokemon is perfectly fine in my opinion. I don't think adjustments "are in order" at all. 

On topic: Exceptional results. Lite collaborated a lot in the numbers of course. Software sales for evergreen titles remain great too. Pokemon Sword & Shield is ready to be the second best launch after Super Smash Bros Ultimate. If Switch is already at 41'67M shipped just before Holiday season and Nintendo still expect around 18M for the fiscal year then, i expect around 8'5M for Q3 and 3M for Q4, or maybe 9'0M for Q3 and 2'5M for Q4 (it should be around 11'0-11'5M between Q3+Q4). That will put Switch around 53M units shipped in 3 years. Very very impressive...

Regarding units sold to consumers in 2019, if those numbers are right Switch would be then around 48'5-49M units sold, so around 19-19'5M units sold to consumers in all 2019. There still a possibility Switch overperforms and reach 20M. We'll see...