By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 43, 2019 (Oct 21 - Oct 27)

brute said:
Nice week 2 for Ring Fit.
Switch Lite is underperforming a bit but that is offset by the hybrid model performing better than expected.
PS4 is on life support in Japan. Barely anyone expected it to be this bad this year.
I re-call a thread earlier in the year where one of the users predicte under a million for ps4 in Japan and almost everyone disagreed!
Need to find the thread

Well I think it's still gonna cross 1 million (barely) we have 9 weeks left in 2019 and those are the strongest weeks of the year so it should be able to limp past 1 million with the holiday boost.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 30 October 2019

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Nice to see Ring Fit doing so well, I wrote it off initially.

Thanks for making the thread on time Marth. Now it's....

Chart time!!

Will do highlights later

What is going on with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Is this the first time it was released in Japan?

Nice to see Switch bounce back after a couple of slow weeks. Only a 6% drop for Ring Fit's second week is cool too.

PS4 though... yikes. Even with a bunch of new releases it's still in the 7-8k range. I thought it'd go back above 10k at least once the disruptions of the past couple weeks passed.

9:1 in favour of Switch this week.

Around the Network

Wow, that hold. Curious if Ring Fit can keep that momentum going into the holiday season.

Good numbers for Switch.

Maybe PS4 will be above 10k again next week, since Persona 5: The Royal launches tomorrow.

Thank heavens for the Switch; without it Japan would be a truly depressing picture of a market in total collapse.

I've been following these charts since 2009 and I don't think I've ever seen a market so heavily carried by one system.

BOTW is still going which will help getting to that WW 20m total by the time the next game arrives.

Ring Fit has the potential to become a major sleeper hit... depending on how it is doing elsewhere. But if it catches fire, it could take off into the millions this November or December.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.