By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - EA and Valve announce partnership

Doesn't look like they have Steam achievements though, just like Ubisoft games, so they'd still be no buys for me.

Plus, ¥8500 for Jedi Fallen Order? You're having a laugh right? The PS4 version is so much cheaper than that!

Around the Network

Will this be an unprecedented partnership?

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Pemalite said:
Oh boy. Please put Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect 3 on Steam... And then it's uninstall Origin time.

Well, going by Jedi: Fallen order's non req to install Origin when using the Steam version, could entail the same happening for the rest of these gasmes, including BFV, which imo is a great sign, and something Ubisoft should be taking a lot of notes from (because we don't need 4 sodding layers of DRM on PC, just to play a single game).

If EA continue to sell their games on Steam, without requiring Origin at all, then I too would drop Origin and instead opt to use Steam for EA purchases (assuming these future games are not massive skinner-boxes with loaded MT's). Also, we could also be seeing the C&C remaster showing up on Steam, which will mark an 10yr gap since the last C&C that was sold on Steam, which was C&C 4. 

mZuzek said:
"EA and Valve announce partnership"

Big yikes.

Actual thread content doesn't sound too bad, though.

Tbh, it's better than hearing "ubisoft and other pubs, form partnership with EG". 

I want my Dead Space 3 and Command and Conquer collection transferred to Steam and off Origin. Kthzbye.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Nice to see that Valve is finally starting to respond to the Epic Games Store threat by making big plays like this. Getting EA games on Steam is a pretty big move.

Who says it has to be a response to EGS though? Valve does plenty of things behind the scenes and is always advancing Steam with stuff like Steam Proton last year and just recently Remote Play Together. This deal could easily have been just-as-business usual for them regardless of whether the EGS existed or not, we don't know if EA approached Valve or Valve approached EA either. 

It'll be dumb if everything Valve does from now on since the inception of the EGS is just immediately credited to EGS because of "competition finally forcing them to do stuff" when they've already been doing plenty of different things for Steam for a long time already. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 30 October 2019

Does this mean I can play Fallen Order on my TV via steam link now?

Seen the pair of matching tweets from ea and valve regarding this (was cute, not gonna lie) but yeah, that's a pretty cool move imo for both parties. Ups both their stock in my book and would be something positive I could think of EA doing in the last few.... Evers so I'm not gonna knock it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Azzanation said:
I want my Dead Space 3 and Command and Conquer collection transferred to Steam and off Origin. Kthzbye.

They are not allowing game account transfers, meaning you'll have to buy the games all over again on Steam. 

FloatingWaffles said:
shikamaru317 said:
Nice to see that Valve is finally starting to respond to the Epic Games Store threat by making big plays like this. Getting EA games on Steam is a pretty big move.

Who says it has to be a response to EGS though? Valve does plenty of things behind the scenes and is always advancing Steam with stuff like Steam Proton last year and just recently Remote Play Together. This deal could easily have been just-as-business usual for them regardless of whether the EGS existed or not, we don't know if EA approached Valve or Valve approached EA either. 

It'll be dumb if everything Valve does from now on since the inception of the EGS is just immediately credited to EGS because of "competition finally forcing them to do stuff" when they've already been doing plenty of different things for Steam for a long time already. 

Yeah, this is something I wish people would get a grasp of, rather than simply assuming this via feigned ignorance. Valve is a business like any other, and thus they conduct their own business the way they see fit. They've been working on games and software tools for years now, but because EA showed up with Origin, or Ubi with Uplay, and certainly not when EG and EGS. 

What amazes me though, is people talking about Epic's little contributions of recent times, but not Valve's (like Proton for example, or the recent remote play for local co-op, which is frankly amazing and much needed from all the other clients in the PC space).