By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Bisa said:
Jaicee said:

Just so you know, you have to put something in the subject for a message to send. 

You answering to Jaicee with a Catra avatar is designed to confuse me, right?

And what is with the Catra-avatars? Are Catra-avatars the new Kim Possible of VGC-avatars?

Well, go on, Catra is actually awesome. Although someone else is even better. Not saying who.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Probably won't be able to join the discussions much if at all, but sign me up.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

mZuzek said:

Probably. You gotta type the person's name, then click in the box that shows up.

Once you do that, this is what it looks like:

If the little box with the person's name isn't there, the message will be sent to no one. It wasn't like this back in the day, but it is now, and it can definitely be confusing. Believe me, there was a darker period a while back, when this change was made but wasn't functioning properly, which made it really hard to talk to anyone.

Thanx for the visual! That does make things clearer. The interesting thing though is that that magic clickable box doesn't appear when I type your screen name in. (Tried it again just now.) Are you a ghost?

BraLoD said:

There is an easy way.

Go to his profile, there you will find a button "send message", click it and you'll be prompted to the screen that is the second image his sent you in his post, you won't need to type his name.

Then you'll write something in the subject box and something in the message box (the bigger one under it).

Then you click in "send message" in the message box and wait for your message to leave it to and get posted in the actual page.

That's it.

Tested this by visiting his profile page just now and it worked! Thanx! (Did not actually opt to send a message, was just checking the process.)

Raccoon!! Your message with the list has been sent! This time it shows up in my Sent Messages, so I'm confident you'll actually get it.

Around the Network
Bisa said:

Just so you know, you have to put something in the subject for a message to send. 

Yar, I figured THAT much out 'cause I'm not an actual idiot.

(Avi: Copy cat! )

Last edited by Jaicee - on 29 October 2019

HylianSwordsman said:

Is this why you never respond to my messages?

I'm pretty sure I've responded to messages you've sent me before, especially wall posts. REPLYING to messages works just fine for me. Maybe I haven't responded to every message you've sent me before because you sometimes send me essays and sometimes I delay essay replies until I forget about them, but I do try and keep up!

(Sometimes I don't reply though when something looks like it's supposed to be the final message in a series of them and I don't have much of a response to offer anyway.)

Mnementh said:
Bisa said:

You answering to Jaicee with a Catra avatar is designed to confuse me, right?

And what is with the Catra-avatars? Are Catra-avatars the new Kim Possible of VGC-avatars?

Well, go on, Catra is actually awesome. Although someone else is even better. Not saying who.

I's such a trendsetter!

Yeah, Entrapta's pretty cool too.

And some more past participants need to show up: @KungKras @LudicrousSpeed @Luke888 @p0isonparadise @padib 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ok, count me in!