By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Yes, at launch 14 1.27%

Probably, but not at launch 50 4.53%

Undecided 50 4.53%

Probably not 136 12.33%

No, not interested at all 846 76.70%

Other 7 0.63%

Total:1,103

I will definitely give it a shot, but not until I can do so without a big, upfront purchase. The idea of game streaming is very attractive to me. I'm not sure that the tech is really ready yet though. I definitely want to check it out though.

For what it's worth, I'm more.excited about MS' streaming offerings. Not only does XCloud sound better to me, but MS is a much bigger player in both cloud computing and gaming. So, they should be better positioned to deliver a good service.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I will definitely give it a shot, but not until I can do so without a big, upfront purchase. The idea of game streaming is very attractive to me. I'm not sure that the tech is really ready yet though. I definitely want to check it out though.

For what it's worth, I'm more.excited about MS' streaming offerings. Not only does XCloud sound better to me, but MS is a much bigger player in both cloud computing and gaming. So, they should be better positioned to deliver a good service.

Specwise stadia wins, xcloud runs xbox one s hardware, a tester posted a video showing it on a phone, played Gears 5, the latency is unnoticeable, but the stream was just 720P/30FPS. The free version of Stadia will offer 1080p@60FPS games.

I have the Stadia Founder's Edition Pre-Ordered.

The only game I am going to buy is Gylt, since it is the only exclusive they have that intrests me so far. I will pay their $9.99 a month Subscription, and dabble in the games that they offer with it, but other than that, I will only be making full purchases of Stadia Exclusives. My 3rd party gaming will continue to happen on Windows, Xbox, or PlayStation.

I'd rather have Native playback at home. Sony and Microsoft both offer that with Streaming as an option on the go. That is where they are winning this battle for 3rd party's for me. Ideally, we would have an Xbox/PlayStation Phone and Portable line for native playback on the go, but neither company is ready to pull the trigger on that yet unfortunately.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I might be interested in Google Stadia if the games were good enough.  Having said that, the games look like the same crap that I didn't want to play on the other consoles.

twintail said:
The subscription model is similar to PS+ or PS Now?
If it is the former, the answer is a resounding No Interest. If it is the latter, then my interest is piqued.

But only streaming? I dunno. I am not anti-streaming and welcome it as a viable option for gaming, but I am likewise not sure how much streaming of games I would actually do taking into account my life style.

More like Plus. Paying $10 a month just gets you access to the service. You still have to pay for the games individually. They did say that they will be giving out a game "regularly," whatever that means. And some games will have discounts if you sub. 

I think some people who were excited by this initially will probably be turned off when they find out it's not the Netflix of gaming.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 16 October 2019

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
twintail said:
If it is the former, the answer is a resounding No Interest. If it is the latter, then my interest is piqued.

But only streaming? I dunno. I am not anti-streaming and welcome it as a viable option for gaming, but I am likewise not sure how much streaming of games I would actually do taking into account my life style.

More like Plus. Paying $10 a month just gets you access to the service. You still have to pay for the games individually. The did say that they will be giving out a game "regularly," whatever that means. And some games will have discounts if you sub. 

I think some people who were excited by this initially will probably be turned off when they find out it's not the Netflix of gaming.

Most people will pick the free version of Stadia, no subscription, and 1080P@60Fps capable. Xcloud runs on Xbox one S hardware and is streaming at only 720P@30Fps.

The subscription is only for the ones who want to stream at 4K@60Fps.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 16 October 2019

thismeintiel said:
twintail said:

More like Plus. Paying $10 a month just gets you access to the service. You still have to pay for the games individually. The did say that they will be giving out a game "regularly," whatever that means. And some games will have discounts if you sub. 

Yeah. Then there's this whole idea about not trusting Google. Not trusting them to shepherd the gaming industry in a positive direction. I don't know where that idea came from. I'm sure they'll be cool though. 

The most important things I can think of in gaming are a total lack of ownership, and games that predict my moves for me. And really, most importantly, just Google, because Google really.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 16 October 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

CuCabeludo said:
thismeintiel said:

Most people will pick the free version of Stadia, no subscription, and 1080P@60Fps capable. Xcloud runs on Xbox one S hardware and is streaming at only 720P@30Fps.

Most likely. And that's exactly why I think Google will start charging for the lower end service, too, even if it's just a couple bucks a month.

Really, from the vid Google just released, I'd say Stadia is losing interest already. This is the full reveal of Stadia and its launch date, yet in the two days since that video released, it still hasn't reached 90K views.

And by the time the free version is about to roll out next year, people will be getting pumped for the PS5. PS5 is going to steal its thunder. Of course, Sony actually has a Netflix of gaming in PS Now. Considering it just dropped to $10 a month, I think a lot of people will be adding it to their subs, not $10 a month to just have to ability to access their content in 4K.

thismeintiel said:
CuCabeludo said:

Most likely. And that's exactly why I think Google will start charging for the lower end service, too, even if it's just a couple bucks a month.

Really, from the vid Google just released, I'd say Stadia is losing interest already. This is the full reveal of Stadia and its launch date, yet in the two days since that video released, it still hasn't reached 90K views.

And by the time the free version is about to roll out next year, people will be getting pumped for the PS5. PS5 is going to steal its thunder. Of course, Sony actually has a Netflix of gaming in PS Now. Considering it just dropped to $10 a month, I think a lot of people will be adding it to their subs, not $10 a month to just have to ability to access their content in 4K.

Not a proper launch date. Only the ones who bought the founders edition will have access to in November. The open launch, which includes the free version will happen at some point in 2020. So it is basically an early access.

After getting more technical info on xcloud today there is no doubt Stadia is by far the most powerful streaming platform.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 16 October 2019

COKTOE said:
Dulfite said:
The predicted input thing has me not wanting to do this.

Jaaa? I had to look it up. Amazing. To quote Han Solo:

If a game feels like it's Auto playing, I just don't enjoy it. I've maybe spent 20 minutes total doing the auto scrolling levels on Mariomaker.