By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Google's Stadia Streaming Service Launches Next Month - Will You Be Using It?

Yes, at launch 14 1.27%

Probably, but not at launch 50 4.53%

Undecided 50 4.53%

Probably not 136 12.33%

No, not interested at all 846 76.70%

Other 7 0.63%

Total:1,103

If there's a PC game that my PC can't handle and isn't on PS4 or Switch, then I'd consider playing it on Stadia. But I really don't see that happening very often. Not really sure why I'd want to stream a game over downloading or buying it, unless there was literally no other way.

Around the Network

Not at launch. I will wait for the free version to begin testing it, next year. (i will use VPN unfortunately, to test) No subscription, just buy the game and stream. It is an early access launch, only the ones who bought the founders pack will access it in November. The open launch, which includes the free version, will happen in early-mid 2020.

1080P/60FPS (free version) will be more than enough for mobile devices.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 16 October 2019

Depends on what their first party studio(s) put out.

They have to expand the service on more android devices, off course. So far only Google Pixels will have access to stadia.

If you already have a gaming PC, plan to pick next gen consoles off course, it is not for you. But will be great for mobile players, the free service which offers 1080P@60FPS is more than enough for mobile devices.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 16 October 2019

No loss in using it for third party games I want to play. Will end up depending on the streaming quality though.

Around the Network

I'm not surprised our community has thumbed it down so hard. If it was my only option in prison, I'd probably still be such an anti-Stadia fanboy, that I'd chastise my fellow inmates on playing it before getting shanked.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I'm not surprised our community has thumbed it down so hard. If it was my only option in prison, I'd probably still be such an anti-Stadia fanboy, that I'd chastise my fellow inmates on playing it before getting shanked.

You can't make a PC/console gamer exited about it. But all the mobile users on GSMArena are exited: buy a 400 bucks phone/tablet and play Console-quality games. No need to spend on an expensive gaming phone.

Depends on lineup and quality. But more importantly the price of the ps5. If the ps5 comes in at $500 with $60 a year for online play, yeah I may end up going Stadia. Especially if the ps5 ships with a HDD that will require a $100 upgrade. And if the ps4 controllers aren't compatible with the ps5, which is another $60. The ps5 overall price tag will dictate how appealing Google's price structure is.

The predicted input thing has me not wanting to do this.

Dulfite said:
The predicted input thing has me not wanting to do this.

Jaaa? I had to look it up. Amazing. To quote Han Solo:

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."