Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. CNBC says Xbox has sold 46.9 WW, any thoughts?

Barkley said:
Chris Hu said:

40 million plus consoles is not a low install base.

That depends on perspective. Relatively it is low. It's half their previous console, the average PlayStation home console sells 112m and it's one of 3 current video game systems on the market that is going to be outsold 2:1 by both of the others.

Whether you compare it to it's peers or it's predecessor, it's low.

Yeah nope the only consoles recently that actually had low install bases where the PS Vita and the Wii U.



Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Barkley said:

That depends on perspective. Relatively it is low. It's half their previous console, the average PlayStation home console sells 112m and it's one of 3 current video game systems on the market that is going to be outsold 2:1 by both of the others.

Whether you compare it to it's peers or it's predecessor, it's low.

Yeah nope the only consoles recently that actually had low install bases where the PS Vita and the Wii U.

Oh no, the Vita and WiiU had abysmally low install bases. The XBO is just low, it's earned the right to drop the adjective. But this seemingly won't go anywhere, so I'll let you continue to call the XBO a software beast while selling less than half the software it's only two peers will sell.



Barkley said:
Chris Hu said:

Yeah nope the only consoles recently that actually had low install bases where the PS Vita and the Wii U.

Oh no, the Vita and WiiU had abysmally low install bases. The XBO is just low, it's earned the right to drop the adjective. But this seemingly won't go anywhere, so I'll let you continue to call the XBO a software beast while selling less than half the software it's only two peers will sell.

Yeah nope again the Switch is not going to sell twice as much software as the X1 does especially since third party support is still lacking and on top of all that the X1 sells a lot more software digitally since every console has a decent sized HDD and its super easy to get more cheap storage via a external HDD.



Chris Hu said:
Barkley said:

Oh no, the Vita and WiiU had abysmally low install bases. The XBO is just low, it's earned the right to drop the adjective. But this seemingly won't go anywhere, so I'll let you continue to call the XBO a software beast while selling less than half the software it's only two peers will sell.

Yeah nope again the Switch is not going to sell twice as much software as the X1 does especially since third party support is still lacking and on top of all that the X1 sells a lot more software digitally since every console has a decent sized HDD and its super easy to get more cheap storage via a external HDD.

I wouldn't say Switch third party is lacking. They have exclusives Xbox doesn't. It's climbing at a rapid rate.



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

chakkra said:

I´m surprised I haven´t seen any discussions about these numbers that have just been thrown out out of nowhere.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/why-microsoft-xbox-isnt-as-popular-in-japan-as-sonys-playstation.html

Barozi said:
Probably got their data from some analyst

^ this.

From what I heard on a youtube, about this matter, its just a prediction from a analyst.
I'm skeptical there any more accurate than our own VGChartz numbers.



Around the Network
Barkley said:
Chris Hu said:

Yeah nope the only consoles recently that actually had low install bases where the PS Vita and the Wii U.

Oh no, the Vita and WiiU had abysmally low install bases. The XBO is just low, it's earned the right to drop the adjective. But this seemingly won't go anywhere, so I'll let you continue to call the XBO a software beast while selling less than half the software it's only two peers will sell.

Can we agree in the middle and say Xbox One has sold average? It's no sales disaster like Wii U or Vita (sub-20m) but not a beast like PS4 or Switch (over 100m) or would average be something a bit higher like 3DS (~75m)?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PAOerfulone said:

The Crash N Sane Trilogy, I believe sold better on Switch than Xbox One.

No Xbox doubled switch online players there in a mostly ps franchise



zorg1000 said:
Barkley said:

Oh no, the Vita and WiiU had abysmally low install bases. The XBO is just low, it's earned the right to drop the adjective. But this seemingly won't go anywhere, so I'll let you continue to call the XBO a software beast while selling less than half the software it's only two peers will sell.

Can we agree in the middle and say Xbox One has sold average? It's no sales disaster like Wii U or Vita (sub-20m) but not a beast like PS4 or Switch (over 100m) or would average be something a bit higher like 3DS (~75m)?

The Switch is at 38 million at the moment why are you so sure that they will reach 100 million? i think after the release of xbox scarlett and ps5 switch sales will drop alot.

sorry for double post!



If anything the XB1 has always been overtracked here. It probably still is.



 

 

 

 

 

Jigsawx1 said:
zorg1000 said:

Can we agree in the middle and say Xbox One has sold average? It's no sales disaster like Wii U or Vita (sub-20m) but not a beast like PS4 or Switch (over 100m) or would average be something a bit higher like 3DS (~75m)?

The Switch is at 38 million at the moment why are you so sure that they will reach 100 million? i think after the release of xbox scarlett and ps5 switch sales will drop alot.

sorry for double post!

Why would they drop? Because the Switch won't get the big AAA third-party games? It already doesn't get them and it sells without them. 



Signature goes here!