By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 September 2019

Switch more than double its nearest competitor, PS4, and the lifetime sales gap between Switch and Xbone is now less than 5 million.

Around the Network

Excellent hold for the Switch on the week after the Lite’s launch. Next week, I think it’ll be somewhere in the 250-300k range and that’s where it should stay (maybe Luigi’s Mansion 3 would give it enough of a boost to go back above 300k) until Sword/Shield comes out to put its holiday season in full swing.

SKMBlake said:
Amnesia said:

And this complete the Q2 2019.

3,42M is the total here for Q2 estimated by VGC.

If we ignore the future adjustments, this looks like an easy 4M+ for shipment. Here is the current state of the transit, I had adjusted all my values I believe.

How do you read this ?

I believe that's shipped vs sold (VGC figures). But if you have to sit here and try to figure out what do you even looking at, you know it's a poor design. Table without title and/or explanation, no UoMs, chart without title and axis titles, mismatched units on x axis etc. If I sent anything like that to my boss, he'd most likely say to send him one where he doesn't have to arrange 1-to-1 meetings to read it. 

Kristof81 said:
SKMBlake said:

How do you read this ?

I believe that's shipped vs sold (VGC figures). But if you have to sit here and try to figure out what do you even looking at, you know it's a poor design. Table without title and/or explanation, no UoMs, chart without title and axis titles, mismatched units on x axis etc. If I sent anything like that to my boss, he'd most likely say to send him one where he doesn't have to arrange 1-to-1 meetings to read it. 

I answered to him already. Compared to what I can see here sometimes, mine doesn't have to feel so ashamed. I will arrange it next time if I have to post it again.

Amnesia said:
Kristof81 said:

I answered to him already. Compared to what I can see here sometimes, mine doesn't have to feel so ashamed. I will arrange it next time if I have to post it again.

N'écoute pas les critiques, tu fais du très bon boulot

Around the Network

Guessing this is the aftershock from Switch Lites launch, my mate got one on day one and just seeing how compact and light it is makes me consider getting it, even though I already have a Switch OG and a Switch 1.1 with the updated battery life.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Guessing this is the aftershock from Switch Lites launch, my mate got one on day one and just seeing how compact and light it is makes me consider getting it, even though I already have a Switch OG and a Switch 1.1 with the updated battery life.

I don't even have any interest in playing on the go but when I look at the Lite I get the inexplicable urge to grab one just cos it's such a sleek, sexy little device.

Amnesia said:

And this complete the Q2 2019.

3,42M is the total here for Q2 estimated by VGC.

If we ignore the future adjustments, this looks like an easy 4M+ for shipment. Here is the current state of the transit, I had adjusted all my values I believe.

So Switch really has a good shot at doing over 20 millions this year uh. Interesting

Dragon quest XI sure did help switch. Next week should be below 300k

Healthy sales for PS4, Xbox one well...

kazuyamishima said:
Dragon quest XI sure did help switch. Next week should be below 300k

Healthy sales for PS4, Xbox one well...

We'll see but Switch might actually keep it a bit higher than 300k. Dropped bigger in japan cause of the new tax thing, think rest of the world will be a lot more stable.