By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 September 2019

Dragon Quest 11 was only really a system seller in Japan, and next week's numbers will be the week that the new higher taxes came in there, halving both Switch and PS4 numbers, though since Switch was selling over 7 times higher than PS4, (and still is after the tax drop) halving is obviously a much bigger drop when you're selling 195k than when you're selling 24k.

Around the Network

some fun comparisons to take away from this week, the Switches Japanese sales almost sold higher than PS4 world wide sales.

And the US sales of the PS4 outsold the Global sales of the Xbox1

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

xMetroid said:
Amnesia said:

And this complete the Q2 2019.

3,42M is the total here for Q2 estimated by VGC.

If we ignore the future adjustments, this looks like an easy 4M+ for shipment. Here is the current state of the transit, I had adjusted all my values I believe.

So Switch really has a good shot at doing over 20 millions this year uh. Interesting

I think they perfectly knew it and they have done this to later increase by 2 millions their forecast at January 31th financial report.

kazuyamishima said:
Dragon quest XI sure did help switch. Next week should be below 300k

Healthy sales for PS4, Xbox one well...

Wait, what?

Did you miss the release of Link's Awakening?

Last edited by Alcyon - on 12 October 2019

With it's domination in Japan being so prominent, it's easy to overlook just how much Switch is killing it in North America at the moment; well over double its closest competitor, and 5 times the Xbone.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

With it's domination in Japan being so prominent, it's easy to overlook just how much Switch is killing it in North America at the moment; well over double its closest competitor, and 5 times the Xbone.

How badly the X1 is doing in the States compared to the other 2 machines is a real sign that the name "Xbox" is unlikely to appear on their next machine imo, think they might go full Wiiu>Switch with it and just restart that brand from the ground up with a new look and name to distance themselves from this generations abject failure.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

How badly the X1 is doing in the States compared to the other 2 machines is a real sign that the name "Xbox" is unlikely to appear on their next machine imo, think they might go full Wiiu>Switch with it and just restart that brand from the ground up with a new look and name to distance themselves from this generations abject failure.

Honestly I still half expect them to got into full moron mode and call Scarlet something like "Xbox One Omega" or some shit.

I don't think the name Xbox is going anywhere. I was going to say stranger things have happened, but among the big players throughout history, but can't think of anything that would match such a drastic re-branding.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Honestly I still half expect them to got into full moron mode and call Scarlet something like "Xbox One Omega" or some shit.

Xbox1U

COKTOE said:
I don't think the name Xbox is going anywhere. I was going to say stranger things have happened, but among the big players throughout history, but can't think of anything that would match such a drastic re-branding.

I don't think the "Xbox" name needs to go, but the "Xbox One" branding definitely needs to die, it's become associated with failure and undesirability.