By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 September 2019

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

With it's domination in Japan being so prominent, it's easy to overlook just how much Switch is killing it in North America at the moment; well over double its closest competitor, and 5 times the Xbone.

How badly the X1 is doing in the States compared to the other 2 machines is a real sign that the name "Xbox" is unlikely to appear on their next machine imo, think they might go full Wiiu>Switch with it and just restart that brand from the ground up with a new look and name to distance themselves from this generations abject failure.

Honestly I still half expect them to got into full moron mode and call Scarlet something like "Xbox One Omega" or some shit.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I don't think the name Xbox is going anywhere. I was going to say stranger things have happened, but among the big players throughout history, but can't think of anything that would match such a drastic re-branding.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

How badly the X1 is doing in the States compared to the other 2 machines is a real sign that the name "Xbox" is unlikely to appear on their next machine imo, think they might go full Wiiu>Switch with it and just restart that brand from the ground up with a new look and name to distance themselves from this generations abject failure.

Honestly I still half expect them to got into full moron mode and call Scarlet something like "Xbox One Omega" or some shit.

Xbox1U

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

COKTOE said:
I don't think the name Xbox is going anywhere. I was going to say stranger things have happened, but among the big players throughout history, but can't think of anything that would match such a drastic re-branding.

I don't think the "Xbox" name needs to go, but the "Xbox One" branding definitely needs to die, it's become associated with failure and undesirability. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Its strage how sony insists on not getting the price of the PS4 down to $199. Then again who can blame them if they are still able to push around a quarter-million most weeks.

Switch making a beeline for that 20M. May even hit 21M+. Shouldn't that make it the best selling 8th gen console in a calendar year?

The Xbox... well its Xbox. They probably are praying sony finds a way to dro the ball next-gen. I doubt the brand survives another gen like this one.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Naaaa... at worst it would be called XBox10.

Intrinsic said:
Its strage how sony insists on not getting the price of the PS4 down to $199. Then again who can blame them if they are still able to push around a quarter-million most weeks.

Switch making a beeline for that 20M. May even hit 21M+. Shouldn't that make it the best selling 8th gen console in a calendar year?

The Xbox... well its Xbox. They probably are praying sony finds a way to dro the ball next-gen. I doubt the brand survives another gen like this one.

I don't know of this rule is worldwide or not, but in France, it is illegal to sell a product with a negative margin.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Intrinsic said:

The current best is PS4 2017 at 20.2 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:
COKTOE said:

I don't think the "Xbox" name needs to go, but the "Xbox One" branding definitely needs to die, it's become associated with failure and undesirability. 

That was directed more at Ganon than you, but fair enough. :)

MS was never going to continue the "One" branding regardless of how the XBO performed. They haven't done so yet, and any logical extension of the "One" branding would end up sounding profoundly stupid. The meaning of "One" was meant, as I understand it, to brand the system as "The one box that does everything" or something along those lines. Just as "360" was meant as a complete revolution. The gaming community at large gives their successors placeholder names like 720 or XB2, but those were never in the cards.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

The current best is PS4 2017 at 20.2 million.

So basically the switch needs to do like 11M in 10 weeks or so.