By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brain Training for Switch announced

There's an audience for everyone. Sure there's apps that can do this on smartphones. Then again, there's children whom this may appeal to...or their parents for a video game console. If there's an advance mode for adults alike who loves the mental challenge, then I'd say they will hit their target audience. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't expect this to sell like their flagship franchises, but still off variety.



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah, a Switch Sports Resort title or something along these lines could be a major title with >10M sold copies and would drive sales of titles like this Brain Age thing, RingFit Adventures, Go Vacation, Hyper Sports R or Just Dance.

Casuals and serious gamers both loved Wii Sports.  Basically, every person that played it had fun with it.  It does seem like a no brainier to bring to Switch.  It has to be coming....

Yeah I'm sure some kind of Switch Sports title must be in the pipeline, it's the logical next step in their current trajectory with games like Fitness Boxing, Brain Training, and Ring Fit Adventure, games that attempt to emulate the kind of software that sold the Wii and DS. Hopefully it's more in line with Ring Fit Adventure and less like 1-2 Shit.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Fuck it. Nintendo might as well try. Brain Age on the Switch cannot be that much of a risk.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Fuck it. Nintendo might as well try. Brain Age on the Switch cannot be that much of a risk.

Exactly, something like this would take up so little resources that even lukewarm sales would likely turn a profit.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

People loved Guitar Hero too .... 12 years ago.

Fads generally don't come back after 12 years.



Around the Network
Soundwave said:
People loved Guitar Hero too .... 12 years ago.

Fads generally don't come back after 12 years.

Do you ever think that Nintendo releases these games because their developers like making them, rather than chasing a supposed fad? Like these games must do well enough for Nintendo to keep letting the teams make them.



VideoGameAccountant said:

Still, I wonder what Nintendo has. These games can't be that difficult to make. And we haven't go much from them in 2018 and 2019 (internal developers I mean). So whats 2020 going to be?

In order to ensure Switch had a killer first year and didn't suffer the Wii U's fate of launching into a protracted drought, Nintendo opened fire with almost all their big first party teams (Zelda team, 3D Mario team, Mario Kart team, Splatoon team, Monolith Soft) in 2017.

The cost of this is that since big games these days take 3 years or more to make, those teams couldn't have another game ready for 2018 or this year. Next year however, is when we should see these teams start to release their second generation Switch games.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Soundwave said:

The 3DS Brain Training flopped hard. People have moved on. There are a million of these types of things available on phones for $0. 

You can also get Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario Bros, and countless knock offs of those games, as well as shooters, fighters, sports, and pretty much whatever else you want on a phone for 0 dollars.  That really hasn't stopped those things from succeeding on consoles.  If it's a good product that's marketed well, it'll do fine.  

Soundwave said:
People loved Guitar Hero too .... 12 years ago.

A fad didn't come back after 12 years.

Fixed that since you seemed to be making a very broad conclusion based on one data point.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 01 October 2019

curl-6 said:
VideoGameAccountant said:

Still, I wonder what Nintendo has. These games can't be that difficult to make. And we haven't go much from them in 2018 and 2019 (internal developers I mean). So whats 2020 going to be?

In order to ensure Switch had a killer first year and didn't suffer the Wii U's fate of launching into a protracted drought, Nintendo opened fire with almost all their big first party teams (Zelda team, 3D Mario team, Mario Kart team, Splatoon team, Monolith Soft) in 2017.

The cost of this is that since big games these days take 3 years or more to make, those teams couldn't have another game ready for 2018 or this year. Next year however, is when we should see these teams start to release their second generation Switch games.

Also remember, that many of Nintendo's other developers we're still on 3DS games too, so that Complicated the situation. 3DS is done now, so Nintendo has more resources to work with for Switch ganes



I actually enjoyed Big Brain Academy on Switch more than Brain Age and feel like that'd be a better fit on the Switch, but still might get it as I assume it'll be fairly cheap and come bundled w/ a stylus (which will also be useful for Terraria Switch)



 

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden