By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Brie Larson teasing possible Star Wars involvement?

Dante9 said:
Status Quo Warrior? Hmm, I don't find that objectionable at all. The status quo is actually really good, better than it has ever been in the history of the world. Equality, for example, has never been as good as it is is now. But more to the point, I think Legacy Warrior would be closer to home. We want to keep and cherish our legacies and create new ones, we simply don't like people messing with the old legacies to the point where they don't even make sense anymore. Create your own legacies for any and every group, do a good job and they too will last decades. But try to distort our old, carefully crafted stories into something they are not, just for the fuck of it, with a preachy and dismissive attitude to boot, and we will be annoyed.
Brie Larson is not a problem because she is a woman, but because she is an obnoxious person. She came into the greatest movie franchise of all time spewing her politics, dissing the fan base, dissing the original team (who also don't seem to like her very much) and someone should have told her that that's really not the best approach to take, if you're trying to win over the fans' hearts and become the new leading face for the MCU. She's actually the polar opposite of Robert Downey Jr. in every way. RDJ had the charisma to pull off Iron Man so well, that on the back of the first film the whole MCU was possible to be built. He is also a fan favorite, and just a genuine and fun guy to be around. Brie Larson, not so much.
According to many sources, Disney seems to have picked up on that, and they seem to be quietly removing her from the spotlight in the Avengers. Maybe this Star Wars thing is the plan B for her, to see if she would work out there? Would make sense.

The "status quo" is only the status quo because people fought against the oppression of conservatives of the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s/etc. to have the so-called "status quo" of basic human rights. It didn't happen out of politeness, people had to fight hard against vicious racism and sexism to get those rights. 

Anyways, hope Brie is in the new Star Wars, that would be hilarious. 

Around the Network

Think I just threw up in my mouth a little, hard pass on any movie she's in.

I used to like her, not anymore.

I agree with this, this is what I think about all these self-hating blobs of white meat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

She yelled mean things at a white dude guys! If you don't hate her, you're a self-hating sack of shit!

Jpcc86 said:
Cool. She was fantastic in Room and really funny in Scott Pilgrim. Lets hope the sceenplay is any good cause TLJ was a mess and wasted a lot of talent.

Oh shit, that was her in Room? Wow, I just realized that was her. Room was fantastic! If the next Star Wars is bad, it won't be her fault.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The "status quo" is only the status quo because people fought against the oppression of conservatives of the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s/etc. to have the so-called "status quo" of basic human rights. It didn't happen out of politeness, people had to fight hard against vicious racism and sexism to get those rights. 

Anyways, hope Brie is in the new Star Wars, that would be hilarious. 

And they fought this oppression through... movies and twitter? That seems to be a pretty disrespectful comparison, people of the past put their livelihoods on the line to achieve the freedoms we now have.

At this point Hollywood can't get much worse. What people consider good movies these days. Not that cinema has ever been flawless. But cmon...

That scene in Avengers Endgame, where all the heroines gather without any kind reasonable context, straining suspension of disbelief to maximum. Good lord, if someone sees the need pandering and patronizing me like this on a regular basis. Once a supiorior of mine displayed patronizing behavior towards me, congratulating me for accomplishing a trivial task, and i thought to myself if he thinks i'm mentally challenged or something. Made want to say: "Yes Masta. You so wise Masta, teaching dumb little negro boy so good. Masta so good."
And i think if something similar will happen in the future, i won't to stay calm and rational.

Thats the vibe this movie moment carried over to me while watching it. And people believe thats ok, thats progressive, huh? Okay...

Hunting Season is done...

Lonely_Dolphin said:

But I needz muh representation! If the lead ain't a black guy I can't feel worthy of existence, world building, character development, and logical progression be damned!

So what you're saying is that...if a given film's lead character isn't white and male, the story just won't make sense...?

Hiku said:

For example, a few weeks ago someone here on the forum said that they thought Mary Jane noticing something about Peter Parker before any other male character in the latest film may be a "hidden political message".

Not only is Mary Jane a perceptive character in general, hence why she becomes an investigative journalist.
But even if she wasn't, it's not strange at all for someone to notice more things about the person they have a crush on. Because their mind and eyes will more often be on that person. And even if we remove that factor as well, and say she's neither an investigative reporter or has a crush on him, it would still be ridiculous to make something out of nothing here.

Lol, are you serious? I must've missed that! Damn.

I actually just watched the new Spider-Man movie yesterday myself. Personally, I learned nothing about MJ as a character besides the fact the she seems to have one friend (about whom we also learn nothing save for her affections) and develops affections for our male protagonist. All of the female characters in this film who are important enough to have names exist purely in relationship to more central and important male characters, in other words. And THAT's still too aggressively feminist for somebody? Seriously? What exactly is expected here?

Jaicee said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

But I needz muh representation! If the lead ain't a black guy I can't feel worthy of existence, world building, character development, and logical progression be damned!

So what you're saying is that...if a given film's lead character isn't white and male, the story just won't make sense...?

Why would you believe that's what I'm saying given the context rather than the obvious "gender/race of characters are irrelevant?" It's really not so hard to believe that people who don't like something you do can have legitimate reasons for not liking it, that they're not all just blind mob haters.

Like I could just say everyone who likes the last jedi are just blind fanboys who only love it because the lead has breast, but I'm better than that.