By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Overwatch announced for Switch! Launching October 15!

Ultrashroomz said:
If only this was a thing two years ago, then I would be genuinely excited... :/

Hey! Why don't you wanna play this fresh new title! you know it did win the game of the year award right? .... in.... 2016, that's only 3 years ago now.

Wouldn't you also like a glass of beer to go with it which has been poured out 3 years ago or a slice of cake from the award show? some of it is still not blue and fuzzy!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Ultrashroomz said:
If only this was a thing two years ago, then I would be genuinely excited... :/

Hey! Why don't you wanna play this fresh new title! you know it did win the game of the year award right? .... in.... 2016, that's only 3 years ago now.

Wouldn't you also like a glass of beer to go with it which has been poured out 3 years ago or a slice of cake from the award show? some of it is still not blue and fuzzy!

Remember when I did that Overwatch elimination game that ended up going south cause I was busy and couldn't update results in time?

Heh...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Remember when I did that Overwatch elimination game that ended up going south cause I was busy and couldn't update results in time?

Heh...

Oh my god yeah, that was quite literally years ago. In terms of how games move on this would be like Activision saying they were bringing Call of Duty to the Switch... but they meant call of Duty https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_(video_game) from 2003, and on mobile too so they would be porting the N-Gage version of it to the Switch for good measure.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If nothing else, at least it will be interesting to see how it fares as a conversion compared to the likes of Paladins.

Apparently the port is being handled by Iron Galaxy, the team  behind the conversions of Skyrim, Diablo III, and Dauntless to Switch.

It's targeting 900p docked and 720p handheld at 30fps.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/343919-overwatch-to-run-900p-docked-720p-handheld-and-30fps-overall-iro

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 September 2019

Around the Network

For a couple of years now, I saw this game as inevitably coming to Switch. It seems like it targets the same people who play Splatoon.

Just in time for the role restrictions so you can't have as much fun as you used to. :P

Hmm, pie.

curl-6 said:

Apparently the port is being handled by Iron Galaxy, the team  behind the conversions of SKyrim, Diablo III, and Dauntless to Switch.

It's targeting 900p docked and 720p handheld at 30fps.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/343919-overwatch-to-run-900p-docked-720p-handheld-and-30fps-overall-iro

30fps? Holy shit. Yuck.

They should sacrifice resolution and effects for more framerates, 60fps is a must.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I want that Noire Widowmaker!

30 fps Overwatch, ouch. I for sure hope it's budget priced otherwise it'd be a really bad value proposition.