By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Overwatch announced for Switch! Launching October 15!

I want that Noire Widowmaker!

Around the Network

30 fps Overwatch, ouch. I for sure hope it's budget priced otherwise it'd be a really bad value proposition.

30fps would be a bit of a shame when you consider that Paladins runs at a locked solid 60fps no matter what is going on, it uses a dynamic resolution which can take dives in that department but honestly considering the game is cross play with X1 it's very important imo that players on both systems be on the same footing at least in terms of frame rate because it does give a very obvious advantage in terms of input lag when it comes to a 30Fps game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Chrizum said:
30 fps Overwatch, ouch. I for sure hope it's budget priced otherwise it'd be a really bad value proposition.

It's $40 apparently. 

This was one of the games that I initially thought would make sense on the Switch, when Switch first came out. Though it's been a few years now, but better late than never. Not interested in the game personally though.

Ganoncrotch said:
but honestly considering the game is cross play with X1 it's very important imo that players on both systems be on the same footing at least in terms of frame rate because it does give a very obvious advantage in terms of input lag when it comes to a 30Fps game.

I imagine it would force the game into 30fps on the other end as well. But now I'm curious to see how they handle this.

Around the Network
Hiku said: 
Ganoncrotch said:
but honestly considering the game is cross play with X1 it's very important imo that players on both systems be on the same footing at least in terms of frame rate because it does give a very obvious advantage in terms of input lag when it comes to a 30Fps game.

I imagine it would force the game into 30fps on the other end as well. But now I'm curious to see how they handle this.

You must be joking right? Theres no way it gonna happen. Otherwise xbox players would just stop playing the game 

Pinkie_pie said:
Hiku said: 

You must be joking right? Theres no way it gonna happen. Otherwise xbox players would just stop playing the game 

No, I mean if they accept the conditions of the match. There would be an option to filter out opponents playing on Switch for those who don't want to play at 30fps.

Yikes... 30 fps... I was gonna double dip day one for Switch but this gives me pause.

Hiku said:
Pinkie_pie said:

No, I mean if they accept the conditions of the match. There would be an option to filter out opponents playing on Switch for those who don't want to play at 30fps.

I see. I used to play overwatch everyday and still play it occasionally. I would not play overwatch with 30 fps. Hard to imagine anyone who been playing it would want to play it with 30 fps. I think the switch version is for those who havent played it. 

Hiku said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Probably not. PC tends to have 240fps-144fps-120fps-60fps-30fps all thrown together.

You do have an advantage with a higher framerate, no doubt... Will be interesting to see how Blizzard handles it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--