By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Announced September 4th 2019 @3pm PT/6pm ET

This should be a very interesting direct, setting the stage for the last months of the year. Really hope the Overwatch for Switch rumor is true!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I hope that the SNK rep rumour is true they've innovated the fighting genre for decades.

https://youtu.be/KNgmufIGhEg

Inb4 Narnia dlc is announced for Botw 2. Title below:

The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild 2 X Chronicles of Narnia

Cinematic intro of Link and Zelda fighting Ganon, only for Ganon's eyes to go wide with shock, leading him to flee before them. They turn around to see what he saw. There, descending down steps clouded by icy fog, comes the Ice Queen herself, Jadis. The screen goes black and a lions roar can be heard and a fairy shouting for Link to Listen followed by Zelda's please for him to wake up.

Throwing in some predictions

Terry in Smash is what opens the direct, they will announce a livestream for next week that goes more into Terry and Banjo.

A quick update on content updates like Lunatic difficulty for Fire Emblem and online with friends for Mario Maker 2.

Overwatch, Assassin's Creed 4, and Assassin's Creed Rogue Switch ports are true.

Nier Automata gets announced for Switch

Pikmin 3 comes to Switch in January and Nintendo states they are indeed working on a Pikmin 4 (again).

SNES games coming to Switch online

The direct ends with the announcement of a new Xenoblade Chronicle set to release in 2020. 

Around the Network

Seeing as so many suggestions of Overwatch have come up, perhaps we might see EVEN MORE of the 'sensible and impossible' selections show up.

I'm talking Kingdom Hearts, I'm talking Persona 5, I'm talking stuff like that.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Predictions
Overwatch is coming, the leaks are real.
Super Mario 3D World port launching in December
Release date of Banjo-Kazooie Challenger Pack, which will be in October. The next fighter will also be revealed.
A new tease of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, maybe a new gameplay hook or footage of Isabelle.
More new Pokemon revealed for Pokemon Sword & Shield
More info on the Switch Lite
Something Paper Mario, whether a remake/remaster or a new title.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Just me dreaming...

Here is a last minute prediction, people gonna be mad when BOTW2 is a no-show

Lots of stuff could be cool, but theres really only 1 rumor i what verified in this direct. Biomutant.