By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Gaming C.E.O, what would be the decisions you'd make that would infuriate gamers?

I'd push the micro-transactions and pay to win, gambling, lootboxes agenda even further by generalizing it in ALL GAMES (Including the good ones that for some odd reason have been so far, spared this cancer) and this would be the perfect crime as it would piss everybody off really bad but people being the idiots they can't help being, they'd keep buying and buying into these while at the same time complaining.

Around the Network

Game $60 with 3 months online multiplayer account voucher. $10 reactivation code for second hand sale. $10 3 months online multiplayer. Retailer specific preorder exclusives!
Season pass 1 - $50; preorder exclusives!
Season pass 2 - $50; on release some of base game and season pass 1 content is locked until pass 2 is purchased. Preorder exclusives!
Microtransactions. All sorts.
After a year or so, free to play.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Jpcc86 said:
Change every single turn based RPG from the company to Action based gameplay. Its 2019 people, time to grow up.

Funny. I'd do the exact opposite. I vastly prefer turn-based RPGs.

Action RPGs have been around almost as long as turn-based ones. In 1984, Falcom released Dragon Slayer (a long-running series that included the NES title Faxanadu) and T&E Soft released Hydlide. Those were two of the earliest action-based RPG video games, predating Dragon Quest (1986) and Final Fantasy (1987). Falcom also releases Ys in 1987, making it contemporaneous with Final Fantasy I. Nintendo briefly turned The Legend of Zelda into an ARPG with The Adventure of Link in 1987. And SNK released Crystalis in 1990.

Moving to the 16-bit era, Square themselves created the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series in 1991. The Tales series debuted in 1995, and Tales Studio had experience with action RPGs before that with 1991's Arcus Odyssey. Other ARPGs from the 16-bit era include Soul Blazer, Secret of Evermore, Terranigma, and Illusion of Gaia for the SNES and Sword of Vermillion, Landstalker, and Beyond Oasis for the Genesis.

So, while turn-based may have been overall the more popular style of RPG in the 80s & 90s, action-based RPGs aren't anything new, and weren't exactly rare back in the day.

Conclusion: The idea that turn-based RPGs are somehow archaic and outdated and that action-based combat should be the norm because it's "more modern" is without basis.

CrowRSchneider said:
Rise game prices but get rid of microtransactions.

I'd do something similar as well. Big-budget AAA games would go up to $70-80, but all post-launch content would be absolutely free. Not only would there be no MTX, but there would be no premium DLC/add-on content at all.

vivster said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I'm picturing a wii like system but instead of the Wii mote the only controller for it is a 12" horse di** which needs to be inserted rectally to play games with.

Hey guys, come and play the new CoD game!! eeerr.... this is gonna hurt.

Are.....are you telling me the Wiimote doesn't go into my anus?

Guess the Nunchuk could have a handy use then much like the handle at the end of a string of beads!

I guess that gives more credibility to those who said that Wii's motion controls were a pain in the ass.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

DragonRouge said:
I would stop making videogames and use those same ips on pachinko machines

Now that's what I call true EVIL!!!

This thread proves we (as a human race) are way more evil than good.

I swear if this same thread existed but instead asked what you would do to please gamers and make the world of video games a better place, not only there would be way less replies but people would tend to be way more limited in their ideas of doing good.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I'd push the micro-transactions and pay to win, gambling, lootboxes agenda even further by generalizing it in ALL GAMES (Including the good ones that for some odd reason have been so far, spared this cancer) and this would be the perfect crime as it would piss everybody off really bad but people being the idiots they can't help being, they'd keep buying and buying into these while at the same time complaining.

^This, but also DragonRouge's pachinko machine idea.

Fuckonami.

I would buy up some beloved franchises then announce that I've brought on Uwe Boll to direct the game development for all the games.

I would sell my talented game studios to Nintendo.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GTX 1660 Super/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Corsair 1TB NVMe)

QUAKECore89 said:
I would sell my talented game studios to Nintendo.

So that they could artificially maintain the selling price of their games at the highest point on a permanent basis so as to create the illusion of added value.

You sir win the crown of the most infuriating decision made in this thread

User moderated - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 04 September 2019

Have hentai in every game, even if it makes no sense, hentai must be featured.