By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Gaming C.E.O, what would be the decisions you'd make that would infuriate gamers?

d21lewis said:
Every game has an expiration date. After a certain time, you'll have to buy it again.

That would literally kill the game. Because the only reason people would buy it again if its multiplayer. And it took a LONG ass time for devs to realize that keeping players on your game was much better than restricting them and forcing them to pay (remember online passes?). Once that expiration date hits. The community will move on, except for the hardcore. 

Around the Network

Here are some things I would do that might piss off some people at least.

1)  Release games physical only.  No digital.

2)  Make all of my dev teams small with a short deadline (a year or less on most games).  Games need to be fun based on the design and not production value.

3)  Insist that all action games be in 2D.  The only game I might allow be 3D is a turn based RPG.

4)  Release a console that is super cheap.  It plays all of these 2D games mentioned in my previous steps.  Horsepower would be like a gen 6 console (e.g. PS2 or O.G. XBox), but it could output in 720p since all of the games are 2D.  

5)  Invite the indie devs to make games for my new console.  It would be a system where their games would get the spotlight and at an appropriate price point as well.

Proclaim that I will only release the games made by my company on platforms that provide full support for modding.

Darwinianevolution said:
estebxx said:
I would buy platinum and make their games exclusive to the Epic Store, and for the cherry on top i would make them develop visual novels only.

Why visual novels?

Because VNs have no combat and thats what Platinum does best

Cyberpunk 2077 as an EGS exclusive.

Steam gets bought out by Epic/Tencent.

Make Madden and FIFA as stylized cartoon "big-headed" sports games along the lines of Konami's Power Pro Baseball games in Japan.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I'd make turn based games. That would piss off a lot of people it seems.

Just when it comes to certain games I think.

Make Street Fighter 5 Switch edition... but it's turn based, and Cell shaded... and all the music is a dubstep song that doesn't have any drop in it, just constant build up.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I would create terrible terrible hardware and then buy up all of the talented developers, let them make great games and then make them exclusive to that terrible terrible hardware.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Buy up all of the big 3 and dissolve them, while retaining the IP's and selling them on Mac.

Honestly, if one was to truly anger gamers worldwide, you'd basically need to strip all that they like and make it all mobile based, chock full of MT's and gambling/artificial grinding everywhere.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:

I would create terrible terrible hardware and then buy up all of the talented developers, let them make great games and then make them exclusive to that terrible terrible hardware.

I'm picturing a wii like system but instead of the Wii mote the only controller for it is a 12" horse di** which needs to be inserted rectally to play games with.

Hey guys, come and play the new CoD game!! eeerr.... this is gonna hurt.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'd release Half-Life 3 with a transgender Gordon Freeman, the real Gordon Freeman is a $24,99 DLC item. Also all weapons are DLC, everytime you pick a up a new weapon a pop-up comes up that you'll have to buy it. Refusing to buy leaves you with an inflatable crowbar.