By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Gaming C.E.O, what would be the decisions you'd make that would infuriate gamers?

We always talk about what we'd do if we had all the power of a gaming giant to make the industry better that I think it would be fun to ask what you'd do that would make the gamers in this scenario foam at the mouth and call for your head. 

Because that would be an interesting question in of itself, plus a bit funner. 

So here is mine: If I was a gaming C.E.O, specifically a Nintendo boss, I would buy up game studios known for games on the other platforms, and take them off it. For an example given as a most horrifying extreme of this possibility buying Bethesda and (after shutting down 76 and Blades), remove Skyrim and Fallout from the digital stores of PS4/Xbox 1/PC the moment they have a Nintendo version available. 

I am quite sure that would anger people.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I will annouce Legend of Dragon Remake.

Every game has an expiration date. After a certain time, you'll have to buy it again.

d21lewis said:
Every game has an expiration date. After a certain time, you'll have to buy it again.

That sounds like a Playstation+ subscription.

4 ≈ One

d21lewis said:

Any reason you'd make your decision. At least in my example my thinking was 'improve the Nitnendo gaming library, damn the consequences to others'. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

EA sports did it.

I wouldn't release my games on a Nintendo machine pretending we have data showing that our non-existing Nintendo version of games aren't selling as well as the other platforms (because 0x37 million of userbase = 0) and blame Nintendo for it and decide to not release games based on this statement.

Rise game prices but get rid of microtransactions.

I know... my English sucks.

KrspaceT said:
d21lewis said:

Any reason you'd make your decision. At least in my example my thinking was 'improve the Nitnendo gaming library, damn the consequences to others'. 

Nope. Just being a jerk to gamers. That's all.

Also, I'd release multiple versions of games but you wouldn't know which version you had until you started playing it. They'd be mostly the same but with slight differences. Like you'd buy Uncharted but instead of Nathan Drake, 30% of buyers would play as an old fat balding guy. Another 20% would play the whole game in a Hawaiian shirt and pink sneakers.

I'd say, "It gives players a unique experience!"

SKMBlake said:
I wouldn't release my games on a Nintendo machine pretending we have data showing that our non-existing Nintendo version of games aren't selling as well as the other platforms (because 0x37 million of userbase = 0) and blame Nintendo for it and decide to not release games based on this statement.

Oh. You're evil. I like you.