By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

Phew

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Hey man, good to hear.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Thanks so much everyone.

My brain's a bit fried at the moment from all the medication and fatigue, so I can hardly form proper sentences, but having my VGC family with me through this has helped so much.

The docs are very happy with the nerve graft result and while it'll be a long road to recovery, tomorrow I get to try sitting up; one small step!

Glad to hear the surgery went well!!

Take it easy.

When you feel like talking, we will be here.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Thanks so much everyone.

My brain's a bit fried at the moment from all the medication and fatigue, so I can hardly form proper sentences, but having my VGC family with me through this has helped so much.

The docs are very happy with the nerve graft result and while it'll be a long road to recovery, tomorrow I get to try sitting up; one small step!

Wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery, Curl! Rehabilitation is one part of surgery people often forget is straining and hard, but you can do this and the worst should be behind you now! 

Imagine how much stronger mentally you are going to be once you are fully recovered! Hopefully, you'll be able to look back at this one day and say to yourself: "If I could beat this thing, I can take on whatever life throws at me". 

Stay strong!

Well, today I was able to, with help, walk one-legged using a high tech electric walking frame, and sit in a chair instead of lying in bed for a bit.
Progress!
Looks like another 3 days minimum til I can leave hospital, but as its been 3 days since my op, I could be halfway there!

More terrific news!

The pathology report came back on the tissue I had removed and they got a "wide margin" with no cancer cells near the edges.

Basically, as far as they can determine, they got all of it out!

I am still in hospital but I have started learning to walk with crutches and they say I might get to go home (or at least to stay with family) tomorrow!

Great news

curl-6 said:

More terrific news!

The pathology report came back on the tissue I had removed and they got a "wide margin" with no cancer cells near the edges.

Basically, as far as they can determine, they got all of it out!

I am still in hospital but I have started learning to walk with crutches and they say I might get to go home (or at least to stay with family) tomorrow!

Awesome news, Curl! It's great they got the tumor out completely and equally great that you're already making progress with recovery! Keep us updated.