By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 17th 2019

DonFerrari said:
The last few weeks PS4 will manage to stay close to Switch.

I kinda agree, I think when the Switch Lite drops the baseline for Switch will go up by a degree to hold it up, maybe the PS4 will surpass it when Deaths Stranding or the AAAvengers game comes out? Or... I wonder would most who want those games have the system already, DS especially, but then with the Avengers game you know there will be awesome hardware bundles with that and the PS4 I would think like there was with the Spiderman game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Amnesia said:

The strangest part is that although Switch have improved again the total YOY PS4 is not that far behind, after they have already peaked and are on the 6th year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The last million to 100 million.

Just a little bit longer til the 20th

DonFerrari said:

The strangest part is that although Switch have improved again the total YOY PS4 is not that far behind, after they have already peaked and are on the 6th year.

In 3 weeks the Switch will activate war mode with Switch Lite, 2D Zelda, Luigis Mansion and Pokemon coming in November. PS4 won't have a chance YOY, even with Death Stranding. But yes, still impressive PS4 sales...

DonFerrari said:
Amnesia said:

Keep in mind that Nintendo tends to sell a bigger chunk of it's yearly sales during the holiday season than it's competitors. So while they are on par now, there will be a big gap at the end of the year due to this. Plus, Switch sales right now are somewhat low due to the incoming Lite model, otherwise there would certainly already be a slowly growing gap there.

But I agree with you that PS4 is doing great for of system of it's age.

Around the Network

That PS4 longevity tho...

Ps4 still doing strong, If we think the ps5 is on the horizon

Radek said:
Dulfite said:

But what do your predicted % with Nintendo thrown into there? And yes, I know many buy Nintendo devices in addition to PS or XB, but there still are those who exclusively buy them rather than the other two (like me). You think Switch/Switch 2.0 will hold it's own?

Nintendo is going to be extremely successfull like they are now, I wasn't including them because 90% of AAA multiplats don't go there.

Are you including Indies? Because even without Indies I think that % seems high for this generation. Switch has gotten far better support than Wii U had.

PS4 continues to sell extremely well with out any first party releases.
Impressive!
A price drop in the holiday season will significantly boost its sales.

siebensus4 said:
DonFerrari said:

In 3 weeks the Switch will activate war mode with Switch Lite, 2D Zelda, Luigis Mansion and Pokemon coming in November. PS4 won't have a chance YOY, even with Death Stranding. But yes, still impressive PS4 sales...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Keep in mind that Nintendo tends to sell a bigger chunk of it's yearly sales during the holiday season than it's competitors. So while they are on par now, there will be a big gap at the end of the year due to this. Plus, Switch sales right now are somewhat low due to the incoming Lite model, otherwise there would certainly already be a slowly growing gap there.

But I agree with you that PS4 is doing great for of system of it's age.

Yep I believe that with Lite and Holidays Switch will have a very major lead against PS4. The only question is if they can outsell the 20M PS4 done on the peak this year or the next.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."