By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 17th 2019

even at this point in the year it's very well played by both Sony/Nintendo to have a system selling 180k each coming into September, those are going to start to increase over the next few months with some of the bigger titles on the way and the hardware revisions for the Switch.

X1 now solidly just 20k in front of the 3DS, both rival systems are outselling it by 4.25:1 approx

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network

Switch nudging ahead again. It's so much better when it's close like this. Would be even better if it was a larger battle but you can't have everything.

Now, this is getting even more interesting in the upcoming weeks with Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, Dragon Quest XI S and Link's Awakening coming up with the lite to boost these sales while the PS4/Xbone will get some neat 3rd party support that should give a slight lift to their efforts.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

In unrelated Switch news. The PS4 is about 5-7 weeks away from becoming just the 6th member of a very elite and iconic club.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know honestly, possibly a combination of not wanting those who just scooped up a Switch to feel ripped off and not wanting to draw attention away from the Lite.

Yeah, that does make sense. I am looking forward to see what kind of boost we see with the Switch Lite. Also looking forward to the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. The sales battle this generation didn't last very long. 

You're completely delusional if you think it will even be a battle between Ps5 & Scarlett.

Scarlett will be lucky to hit Xbox One numbers, let alone Ps5 lmao 

SilenceDeadly said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah, that does make sense. I am looking forward to see what kind of boost we see with the Switch Lite. Also looking forward to the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. The sales battle this generation didn't last very long. 

You're completely delusional if you think it will even be a battle between Ps5 & Scarlett.

If you're basing that on how badly the X1 is doing you should stop for a moment and consider just how completely dead the wiiu was at the point where the switch released

Us gamers for the most part will very quickly forgive a bad console if a company gets it's shit together and releases must have hardware.

Also think back to PS2 Vs og Xbox, 150m Vs 30ish million, then how close the x360 to PS3 was, if it wasn't for the rrod that would have been a complete whitewash for the x360

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

It came out in different markets and countries in a staggered and rather random fashion throughout this month. As of these numbers it had only just arrived at Amazon and Ebay, but was not yet available from Japanese retailers.

It doesn't look like the new model with improved battery life has done much to help boost sales of the Switch. The Switch Lite should help boost sales by a significant amount. 

Considering it's always sold out pretty much the minute it gets restocked on Amazon, so I don't think that there's enough of them yet to make a difference. Plus, it's only a gray model, if you wanted neon, you're out of luck for now.

SilenceDeadly said:
trunkswd said:

You are new, it is delusional to know what's going to happen, we had plenty of threads with PS3 sales will destroy Xbox 360/Wii's sales.  Vita is going to be massive and WiiU will outsell Xbox one.

I see this keeps getting jacked from me 😏

Next week, we take a stand!