Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodbourne= poor mans Ninja Gaiden and Nioh, prove me wrong.

Ronster316 said:
the-pi-guy said:
>slow controls/gameplay

What weapons have you tried?

>bosses that are more tedious than technical,

I don't particularly find them tedious. Most of them are too short.

Perhaps its because im nearly 4 years too late to the party with Bloodbourne, where as im only 2 years late to the Nioh party, i love my hack n slash games, and intend on going back to beat NG2 on way of the master ninja, (way of the mentor was a toughie) as for weapons, im still using the sword and that german sounding gun, i'm sure heres many more weapons and guns, but a dying online community, pesky invaders stealing my echos and more, has just left me a bit.... unfulfilled.

Ahh... So it wasn't a boss that triggered you, but invaders. People get mad, and I can understand that. And this isn't the first time I've seen someone rage by creating a thread and posting online about how the game sucks. When people get upset, some people relieve themselves by trying to make other people upset. I don't appreciate it, and me ten years ago would have disliked you as a person for it. But me today is more understanding, and I bet that under normal circumstances you are a pretty good guy. A short temper is a characteristic of you, but I'm looking past that; let's not let it define you.

In my opinion, you should just put the game down for awhile and come back to it another time. Games are supposed to be fun. Not frustrating.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
think-man said:

5 hours lol, my save had 127 hours on it. 3 different endings, pvp and chalice dungeons all add alot of value. You would have to be a speed runner to beat it in 5 hours 🤣

Someone beat bloodbourne 34 minutes, fastest Nioh time i saw was 1 hour 30....... its all about content.

And somebody can beat Ocarina of Time in under 20 minutes.  But calling Ocarina a 20 minute game is silly at best. And it isn't all about content.  Game length is a worthless measure.  I'd rather play a super 10 hour game (Last of Us) over a 100 hour bore fest (RDR2 - personal opinion).  

If you don't like Bloodborne, fair enough, different opinions and all that.  I personally don't like RDR2, but I wouldn't call it a bad game.  Not every game is designed with you in mind.   

Chrkeller said:
Ronster316 said:

Someone beat bloodbourne 34 minutes, fastest Nioh time i saw was 1 hour 30....... its all about content.

And somebody can beat Ocarina of Time in under 20 minutes.  But calling Ocarina a 20 minute game is silly at best. And it isn't all about content.  Game length is a worthless measure.  I'd rather play a super 10 hour game (Last of Us) over a 100 hour bore fest.  

Content is not everything sure, but i cant say otherwise, bloodbourne is too slow, and too short for me, im 400 hours in to Nioh, i will hardly break 100 hours in bloodbourne.

Ronster316 said:
Chrkeller said:

And somebody can beat Ocarina of Time in under 20 minutes.  But calling Ocarina a 20 minute game is silly at best. And it isn't all about content.  Game length is a worthless measure.  I'd rather play a super 10 hour game (Last of Us) over a 100 hour bore fest.  

Content is not everything sure, but i cant say otherwise, bloodbourne is too slow, and too short for me, im 400 hours in to Nioh, i will hardly break 100 hours in bloodbourne.

Too each their.  100 hours is short....  not for me, but perhaps for you.  Some of my all time favorite games are roughly 10 hours.  100 hours seems like a lot for game you don't love.  

Bloodborne = a successful and respected title by Sony. Ronster316 = criticizes Sony at every turn. Yes, we've seen your posting history. Nothing new. I did buy into the Bloodborne board game on Kick starter. Looking forward to 2020.

Around the Network

Meh, Nioh was shit. Boring bosses, boring setting and repetitive enemies. Doesnt belong with these other 2. Sekiro, on the other hand...
But more on topic. Honestly I got bored with Ninja Gaiden Black, havent played in years, but i'd def. pick Bloodborne over the other 2. Nioh as I said I consider a mediocre game and Bloodborne simply has more fun gameplay, better setting, amazing lore and just overall great atmosphere. Everything checks out well.

Are these 2 games even comparable?

I'm not sure there's a single boss in Bloodborne that would take 20 minutes.

This thread also reminds me that I need to finally play through Nioh.

CladInShadows said:
I'm not sure there's a single boss in Bloodborne that would take 20 minutes.

This thread also reminds me that I need to finally play through Nioh.

Plus it doesn't particularly make sense to note that Bloodborne has been finished in 34 minutes, while complaining that bosses take that long.  

I replayed Bloodborne around a month ago, and I consider it one of the best games ever made. The gameplay, music, world design, visual design, bosses and lore are among the best I've ever seen in any video game.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

3. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)