By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favourite Nintendo hardware revision (so far)

The Gameboy SP, to me it was a whole other experience to being able to play at night without a lamp after bedtime. I remember I started to progress a lot more than my brother in Pokemon Sapphire because me playing at night.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

SP for me! Taking the advancements of that gen and making it foldable and incredibly transportable was amazing.

While the DS Lite is easily my favourite revision, I think (objectively) the Gameboy Advance SP was the best revision over its predecessor.

If Wii can be considered a revision of the Gamecube (2 Gamecubes snapped together), then I think that's a monstrous upgrade that improved the platform and its appeal tenfold... While it only sold five times better, it probably had to be ten times as appealing to hit that 100M+ number.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
While the DS Lite is easily my favourite revision, I think (objectively) the Gameboy Advance SP was the best revision over its predecessor.

If Wii can be considered a revision of the Gamecube (2 Gamecubes snapped together), then I think that's a monstrous upgrade that improved the platform and its appeal tenfold... While it only sold five times better, it probably had to be ten times as appealing to hit that 100M+ number.

Okay. So, the Switch is just a bit more powerful than the Wii U.

Do you consider the Switch a revised Wii U? Seriously?

By that metric, I guess the GBA would be a revised SNES, and so on.. right?

I'd have to go with the DSL. I think that is when the DS just took off and never looked back, all the way to 154 million systems. That's what my head tells me.

Now, my heart tells me, NEW 3DS, I loved playing xenoblade on it, and the eye tracking 3D was amazing for me. I always have the 3D slider at maximum, so the eye tracking was really perfect me.

Now, as far as the most important, I think that goes to the GBA SP... it really fealt like Nintendo finally found some brain cells to use and brought them closer to the then current tech.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Wii is clearly NOT a Gamecube revision. Totally different branding, controller, OS, media, etc. About the only thing they have in common is their CPU/GPU architecture and one of their two RAM types.

Azelover said:
Jumpin said:

Only if somehow your Switch plays Wii U disks and your GBA plays SNES cartridges. Mine certainly don't.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Azelover said:

Only if somehow your Switch plays Wii U disks and your GBA plays SNES cartridges. Mine certainly don't.

My Gamecube doesn't play Wii discs, nor connect to Wii remotes, nor connect to Wii's online services. Wii's revisions don't support Gamecube discs/controllers either.

Nintendo DS Lite for me.

I had the original DS and it was just a little too bulky for my tastes. The DS lite kept all the features in a smaller form factor and had even brighter screens.

The GBA SP and the DS Lite. The SP gave us rechargeable batteries and a screenlight, and the DS Lite was a much needed redesign in comparison to the bulky original.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 01 September 2019

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.