By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's talk Metroid ( New Poll Added: Samus goes to Hollywood? )

Where should Samus' adventures take her next?

Big budget Hollywood Film 5 29.41%

Big budget Animated Film 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Movie 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Series 3 17.65%

Netflix/Hulu Animated Movie 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Animated Series 4 23.53%

YouTube Series, Movie, an... 0 0%

Broadway Play 1 5.88%

Other (Please Specify) 0 0%

No, no, no 4 23.53%

Total:17

Shinesparking and Morph Ball are great abilities.  I'm going to have to go with the Spider Ball.  I love the green glow from the morph ball, the sound design that gets activated when you're on the track, and the leap in your heart at what cool places you'll be able to reach when you find an out of the way or hidden spider ball track.  

Around the Network

In 2D games, probably the Screw Attack. Once you have the space jump you can basically fly, but once you have the Screw Attack you're an unstoppable monster. In 3D games, the Spider Ball is pretty awesome, but I feel the Plasma Beam in Metroid Prime deserves mention. Remember the first time you vaporized a Sheegoth?

https://youtu.be/ylHgeartFs8?t=686

I mean I don't know about you, but while I was expecting it to be effective, I wasn't expecting it to be that satisfying.

I love the speed boost. Destroying everythinf on your path and the long jumps made me feel unstopable. The prime trilogy skiped it for the boost ball. But in other m it looked and felt great.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Alright, here's my list.

1.  Super Metroid
2.  Metroid Prime
3.  Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4.  Metroid
5.  Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6.  Metroid Fusion
7.  Metroid Other M
8.  Metroid II: Samus Returns
9.  Metroid Zero Mission
10. Metroid Prime Federation Force
11. Metroid II

I decded to split Metroid II and Samus Returns as well as the orginal and Zero Mission since they are different enough for me to be their own games. Haven't played Hunters and I have no interest in Pinball.

Federation Force should have been it's own game. Having the Metroid brand tucked to it probbaly wasn't the best decision because this is actually a very fun game, I am not kidding. Playing this online really was a shit ton of fun! Unfortunately, when you do Metroid you must face insanely high expectations from the fanbase, which this game sadly couldn't live up to. Had it been it's own IP it probably wouldn't have to face this heavy backlash.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Federation Force should have been it's own game. Having the Metroid brand tucked to it probbaly wasn't the best decision because this is actually a very fun game, I am not kidding. Playing this online really was a shit ton of fun! Unfortunately, when you do Metroid you must face insanely high expectations from the fanbase, which this game sadly couldn't live up to. Had it been it's own IP it probably wouldn't have to face this heavy backlash.

I hate to say it because mario service is already so strong, a mario theme with a mushroom theme roster would have been a better choice for this game.

Hey guys, I went ahead and added a poll. Hopefully there's an option there that's right for you.

I want to say the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy but that option is not in the poll so I went with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

That trilogy is one of the best games I've ever played and I might get the Switch Pro next year just for the 4th installment, though I'd try BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey too, I mean if I have the Switch, why deprive myself from playing those games too, right?

CrazyGamer2017 said:

I want to say the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy but that option is not in the poll so I went with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

That trilogy is one of the best games I've ever played and I might get the Switch Pro next year just for the 4th installment, though I'd try BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey too, I mean if I have the Switch, why deprive myself from playing those games too, right?

Haha...yeah, not going to put that in the list.  It would skew the entire results. Switch Pro? Still having those dreams? I think you're more likely to get a price cut than a new model.

Metroid is easily amongst my top 5 franchises, and Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of my favourite games of all time. To say that I'm excited about MP4 is an understatement.

Regarding my ranking, I don't think I really have one, except that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are pretty much tied at the top. I also need to play AM2R. And while we're at it, can we talk about how awesome Axiom Verge is?