By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's talk Metroid ( New Poll Added: Samus goes to Hollywood? )

Where should Samus' adventures take her next?

Big budget Hollywood Film 5 29.41%

Big budget Animated Film 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Movie 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Series 3 17.65%

Netflix/Hulu Animated Movie 0 0%

Netflix/Hulu Animated Series 4 23.53%

YouTube Series, Movie, an... 0 0%

Broadway Play 1 5.88%

Other (Please Specify) 0 0%

No, no, no 4 23.53%

Total:17
super_etecoon said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I want to say the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy but that option is not in the poll so I went with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

That trilogy is one of the best games I've ever played and I might get the Switch Pro next year just for the 4th installment, though I'd try BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey too, I mean if I have the Switch, why deprive myself from playing those games too, right?

Haha...yeah, not going to put that in the list.  It would skew the entire results. Switch Pro? Still having those dreams? I think you're more likely to get a price cut than a new model.

Don't take my word for it but there is this french Youtuber that has contacts with the industry and he's got good info and he's repeated many times that the Pro is something Nintendo is actively working on, it's not a dud, it's something they plan to release. No official date yet of course, no official name either but it's a reality.

Of course they can work on it and a few months from now decide to can it but as of right now, he's positive that they are working on it.

You don't have to believe me or believe that Youtuber is serious but in my experience his past info has been correct so I will continue believing the Pro is coming.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
Metroid is easily amongst my top 5 franchises, and Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of my favourite games of all time. To say that I'm excited about MP4 is an understatement.

Regarding my ranking, I don't think I really have one, except that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are pretty much tied at the top. I also need to play AM2R. And while we're at it, can we talk about how awesome Axiom Verge is?

Yes we can!  Axiom Verge was one of my favorite games last gen.  Excellent level design, upgrades, weapons, an interesting story, and one of the best video game soundtracks of all time.  And all made by one dude, Thomas Happ.  His story is incredible and I really hope we see a 16bit evolution of Axiom Verge announced next year at E3 called Super Axiom Verge.  Please, please, please.

I played through Axiom Verge during my three day stay at the hospital last month for the birth of my second child. Exploration and power-ups were great, and the difficulty was perfect for what I was looking for. I honestly don't remember the soundtrack much, but I might have been playing it with low sound or something.

As for AM2R, I only ever played through the first area of the game, and it was right before the release of the Metroid 2 remake on 3DS (which is why I found myself playing it). Is it worth a full playthrough, and how does it compare to Axiom Verge? Will my playthrough of Samus Returns on 3DS make the game too easy (or rather, will it feel like I'm playing the same game)?

Edit: I've been in a Metroidvania phase as of late. I also played through Hollow Knight a couple weeks ago, as well as Bloodstained when that came out. Any other recommendations? And what about Prime; is there anything comparable to a Prime game?

RaptorChrist said:

I played through Axiom Verge during my three day stay at the hospital last month for the birth of my second child. Exploration and power-ups were great, and the difficulty was perfect for what I was looking for. I honestly don't remember the soundtrack much, but I might have been playing it with low sound or something.

As for AM2R, I only ever played through the first area of the game, and it was right before the release of the Metroid 2 remake on 3DS (which is why I found myself playing it). Is it worth a full playthrough, and how does it compare to Axiom Verge? Will my playthrough of Samus Returns on 3DS make the game too easy (or rather, will it feel like I'm playing the same game)?

Edit: I've been in a Metroidvania phase as of late. I also played through Hollow Knight a couple weeks ago, as well as Bloodstained when that came out. Any other recommendations? And what about Prime; is there anything comparable to a Prime game?

As far as Metroidvanias to add to your list, if you haven't played Guacamelee I'd definitely give it a try.  Also Steamworld Dig 2 is pretty amazing.  And to my knowledge, Metroid Prime is the only game of its kind.  I will say that Pitfall for the Wii (and maybe PS2) was a pretty good 3D Metroidvania, but I'd probably get laughed out of VGC for saying so.  I enjoyed it quite a lot, but maybe that's just because I was longing for a Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank kind of game at the time.

Glad to see Metroid Prime 2 got a little love in the poll. It's not my favorite, but it's a fantastic game that doesn't get enough credit.

Around the Network

Guacamelee is one of the few games in the genre I haven't played yet. I was expecting a bunch of suggestions of games I've already played; there have been countless occasions of times that I almost bought Guacamelee, but for whatever reason I didn't. I think it's because the source material doesn't really capture my attention. Perhaps I'll give it a shot, what with the sequel having recently been released to critical acclaim. I get a Viewtiful Joe vibe from looking at it, if you remember that game.

I have played through both of the SteamWorld Dig games, and thoroughly enjoyed them both.

I'm bored right now looking for a new game to play, so I'm going to give this a serious look and consider making a purchase.

Was trying to decide between the original or the sequel. I got the original for $7.50 on Switch, may or may not get a chance to play it tonight, but looking forward to it.

Dangit, my thread died! :

Proxy-Pie said:
Dangit, my thread died! :<

OT: My favorite's Metroid Fusion. I know some people don't like it that much, but I always felt like it was the funnest.

I think this might be because the latest post in your thread is almost two years old. But Metroid is just a beautiful topic and as you can see people like to talk about it, so OP took the chance and Power Bombed this thread into the community. Don't be sad, it was a fun ride. 

I remember when Curl made a thread where he specifically talked about horror elements in Metroid games and he might have put that into your thread already, but he, as well as OP (and as well as myself, too), probably didn't remember that it even existed. 

super_etecoon said:
CladInShadows said:
Metroid is easily amongst my top 5 franchises, and Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of my favourite games of all time. To say that I'm excited about MP4 is an understatement.

Regarding my ranking, I don't think I really have one, except that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are pretty much tied at the top. I also need to play AM2R. And while we're at it, can we talk about how awesome Axiom Verge is?

Yes we can!  Axiom Verge was one of my favorite games last gen.  Excellent level design, upgrades, weapons, an interesting story, and one of the best video game soundtracks of all time.  And all made by one dude, Thomas Happ.  His story is incredible and I really hope we see a 16bit evolution of Axiom Verge announced next year at E3 called Super Axiom Verge.  Please, please, please.

An Axiom Verge sequel would make my day.  Do we know what Mr. Happ is working on these days?

And agreed on the soundtrack.  Moody. Unsettling. Synth-based. It fit the game to a tee.