By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I recently bought the PS4. My first Sony console.

kazuyamishima said:
Que bueno que la pudiste probar :)

Just like a few mentioned above try the following:

- Gow III remastered
- Gow
- Spider-Man
- horizon zero dawn complete edition
- Nioh
- Bloodborne
- Until Dawn
- Re 2 remake
- Re VII
- Red Dead Redemption 2
And many more

Also, you have a great selection of fighting games on the system: SFV arcade edition, tekken 7, soul calibur VI, mortal kombat XL, king of fighters XIV, guilty gear and many more.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Thank you for the recommendations! I will buy Soul Calibur VI at some point.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network
alejollorente10 said:

As you say, I would say that the Switch offered you something different from what you usually played. I don't know if you like platform games, but I would recommend Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, that game is pure fun, I love it. His soundtrack is amazing.

Hopefully you have more luck with the PS5. I'm looking forward to playing The Last of Us Remastered, so that I get hype with The Last of Us 2.

Well, the switch was my first nintendo console.  I spent most of my time playing Let's go pikachu.  Before that game, I really didn't touch it very often.  My favorite console has been the PS3, though.  Graphics are acceptable, and I'm not going in expecting everything to be 60fps 1080p, as that's just basically wipeout.... which I also own on PS4, now that I think about it, but at least it has the stuff from the Vita game too, which is why I bought it, because it was one of two games I played on that console.

I got mario maker, but surprisingly, I didn't stick with it like i thought i would.

As far as platformers go, for me, that's just basically mega man. 

You need bloodborne in your life, you also need Horizon zero dawn and Monster Hunter World.

Burning Typhoon said:

To be honest, my Switch gets a little more time than my PS4, but it's due to everything I said above.  Having the exact same games to play on PS4 that I'd played on my PS3, and then finding out how underpowered the consoles were, just really put me off that console.  I'm looking forward to Last of Us 2, though.  And I will be getting that game on PS5, not PS4.

Ironicly, Switch is the current king of re-releasing previous generation games.  

Stay far away from EDF: Iron Rain. I only recommend it to enemies. But EDF 4.1 and EDF 5 are top shelf.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
estebxx said:
alejollorente10 said:

First of all, those who know me (?) Know that all my life I have been a Nintendo fan (and I will continue to be, of course). Recently I bought the PS4, I had always wanted to try some of its exclusive games (Kindgdom Hearts 1 and 2, God of War 4, Spiderman, Nier automata (Yes, it is also on Xbox but not on Switch, which is my other console), The Last of Us, etc). I will not have much time to play with the PS4 in 1 or 2 months (Hello study, work, Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain) but I also decided to buy it now so that my brother played Fornite there instead of the Switch (And protect it a little!).

I have to say that having the PS4 has changed my perspective on several things, especially in games that I was going to buy on Switch, I will buy them now on PS4 (mainly for price). Continuing with this, entering the PlayStation Store is amazing, the amount of AAA games at too low prices invites you to buy (Nintendo could learn a bit of this) even if you know you don't have time to play those games at that time. The only thing is that sometimes the store takes a while to load (I don't know if it's just my thing or my internet but then I see my brother playing Apex legends fluently and I wonder what the problem is) and when you enter Looking at the info of a game can be confusing (in that sense I prefer the Nintendo eshop).

I currently have KH 1.5 + 2.5 and Last Of Us Remastered, Overwatch (All Physical), God of War 4 is on the way (I live in Colombia but I bought it on Amazon USA because it is very cheap) and Guilty Gear XrD Rev 2 (One of my most desired games) and SF V Arcade Edition (these last two digital). With the purchase of the SF V, they gave me a theme of Chun Li that is beautiful (Nintendo could also learn a bit of this). Oh and I also downloaded the PSplus games (That Detroit Become Human is a great gift, it also includes Heavy Rain and an art book) and on the Switch I had Horizon Chase Turbo on my wish list, so that saved me . I answer questions. Greetings

- Very happy to see Nier Automata (which became my favorite game ever) being one of the reasons for your purchase, it will NOT let you down.

- Yes the store is sometimes rather slow its one of my few complaints.

- Que bueno saber que no soy el unico Colombiano en esta pagina, yo tambien compro todos mis juegos (o al menos la mayoria) por Amazon o PSN, un saludo desde Cali.

- Guilty Gear is f#cking fantastic by far my favorite fighting game, everything from the visuals, soundtrack, characters is a 10/10, i was so incredibly excited for Xrd when it was announced, it really took the cel shaded graphics to a WHOLE new level (in my opinion the best of its kind), i also bought Rev2 because i love Baiken, also have you seen the new Guilty Gear game that got announced some days ago? they took the visuals even further beyond its honestly incredible how good it looks.

Not just one but two other Colombians.   Que grata sorpresa encontrarme con 2 paisanos en esta pagina!!   🍻👍

Oh yeah, welcome to the PS4 family.  Give Until Dawn a try.   Awesome game. 

I also just finished Days Gone and had a blast with it!  🤷‍♂️

Will u give the PSVR a go?  Lots of hidden gems there as well.  👍

I have always been a Sony only guy when it comes to gaming. I have never owned a console outside of the Playstation family and never felt like I was missing out.
Sure Nintendo has had great games over the generations but had never once caught my interest. That is probably due to my
lack of interest in platformers.
"Super Mario Odyssey", The only game outside of the Playstation ecosystem that had me interested
I might just get the Switch just for that game alone.
Not just yet, but maybe in a couple of years when the price comes down to $200 or lower.(And no, I won't be getting the switch lite. Handheld gaming isn't my thing).

Colocho said:
estebxx said:

- Very happy to see Nier Automata (which became my favorite game ever) being one of the reasons for your purchase, it will NOT let you down.

- Yes the store is sometimes rather slow its one of my few complaints.

- Que bueno saber que no soy el unico Colombiano en esta pagina, yo tambien compro todos mis juegos (o al menos la mayoria) por Amazon o PSN, un saludo desde Cali.

- Guilty Gear is f#cking fantastic by far my favorite fighting game, everything from the visuals, soundtrack, characters is a 10/10, i was so incredibly excited for Xrd when it was announced, it really took the cel shaded graphics to a WHOLE new level (in my opinion the best of its kind), i also bought Rev2 because i love Baiken, also have you seen the new Guilty Gear game that got announced some days ago? they took the visuals even further beyond its honestly incredible how good it looks.

Not just one but two other Colombians.   Que grata sorpresa encontrarme con 2 paisanos en esta pagina!!   🍻👍

Thank you. Actually, I don't have any interest in PS VR. I am too traditional when playing video games.

Un saludo desde Medellín!

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Welcome to the world of PS4 owners. I finally got mine on July 19. I'd never owned a PlayStation before. There were first-party titles I wanted to play, and plenty of third-party titles that weren't available on Switch and wouldn't run on my PC. And getting a PS4 Pro at 20% off with free shipping was enticing.

Spider-Man is beyond fantastic. I'm enjoying The Last of Us: Remastered so far. I'm also having some fun in Just Cause 3. I really like all the game sales, too. Even if the PS5 would've been a better investment in the long run, would you be able to find so many games $20 or under in its first couple of years?

For future titles, I want to play the Uncharted games, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and some PS2 classics. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't think I'll ever like any of the Big 3's first-party output as much as Nintendo's. But Sony seems to be the best all-arounder of first-party, third-party, and multimedia.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

alejollorente10 said:
Colocho said:

Thank you. Actually, I don't have any interest in PS VR. I am too traditional when playing video games.

Un saludo desde Medellín!

Lol.  I understand.     No worries, there are plenty of great games and great experiences to b had

on regular ps4!!  GoW is a must!!  

Saludo desde Santa Rosa (si, guebero!!).  Un pueblito hermoso en el eje cafetero!!!  😁😁👍👍👍👍💪💪