By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - House minority leader trying to blame video games for mass shootings. Update: Walmart pulls violent video game ads for 2 weeks

Ganoncrotch said: getting shot is just one of the things that you need to live with being in America, either by criminal with gun or cop who thinks you are a criminal with a gun, that's just a part of life in the US... that and plenty of corn syrup and thoughts and prayers of course.

This has to be one of the dumbest things ever said in this forum.  

PM sent ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 05 August 2019

Around the Network

In order to deny the obvious, sometimes you have to make strange leaps of logic...

Straight out of the Republican playbook, anything but gun control, they don't want to hurt their donor contributions which have more value than human life 

Sure, its video games and not the guns you give out like cheap candy...

The God commet aside, the "violent games = shooets" bull shit comes from politicians on every end of the political spectrum. Remember that California Dem Leland Lee? The TLDR is he railed against violent video games (especially GTA) only to be caught with accounts of bribery and GUN TRAFFICKING, you know, real world crimes. He is currently serving out his 5 year sentence in prison.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Ganoncrotch said: getting shot is just one of the things that you need to live with being in America, either by criminal with gun or cop who thinks you are a criminal with a gun, that's just a part of life in the US... that and plenty of corn syrup and thoughts and prayers of course.

This has to be one of the dumbest things ever said in this forum.  

1 in every 8333 people in the US will die to a gun, the country I live in 1 in every 114k people will die to a gun therefore if I was to move from here to the USA my chances of dying to a gun increase nearly 15x, sorry if that fact based on numbers upsets you living in the states, but you are 15 times more likely than me to die to a gun.

Unless your issue is with corn syrup or Thoughts and Prayers? I'm afraid your post doesn't really have any content/explanation for the dig.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

StriderKiwi said:
The God commet aside, the "violent games = shooets" bull shit comes from politicians on every end of the political spectrum. Remember that California Dem Leland Lee? The TLDR is he railed against violent video games (especially GTA) only to be caught with accounts of bribery and GUN TRAFFICKING, you know, real world crimes. He is currently serving out his 5 year sentence in prison.

Perhaps he learned all about political bribery and gun trafficking while he was doing studies on GTAV? all his plan worked exactly like it does in the game, however he was arrested after he spray painted his car a different colour and drove to his bank to withdraw the money he had been bribed with.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Flat out stupid.

With politicians lie those no wonder thy are shooting themselves.

Intrinsic said:
Flat out stupid.

With politicians lie those no wonder thy are shooting themselves.

Honestly with politicians like this it's a bigger shock to me that politicians aren't shot more often, considering that if people have a issue with the place they live to the point of wanting to take up arms it's horrible to go somewhere like a shopping mall and shoot completely innocent families who are all going through the same rough life as the shooter probably was.

I wonder how many mass shootings there was back in the wild west before video games