By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rate the movie above you ?

9/10 Very unique, great idea. Emotionally powerful and insightful. Really well directed and acted.

The Silence of the Lambs

Around the Network

9/10. Fantastic acting and a compelling story.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

10/10 Gene Wilder was a comedic genius. His portrayal of Willy Wonka has created the meme to end all memes. He managed to be the most lovable, charming philanthopist, and at the same time the villain that you love to root for. The set design in the movie was delicious and the children they casted owned those roles. This will be a movie we all watch for decades to come. And if you haven't seen it, just go watch it now, please. And do yourself a favor, absolutely skip the Burton/Depp abomination.

Spaceballs

super_etecoon said:
10/10 Gene Wilder was a comedic genius. His portrayal of Willy Wonka has created the meme to end all memes. He managed to be the most lovable, charming philanthopist, and at the same time the villain that you love to root for. The set design in the movie was delicious and the children they casted owned those roles. This will be a movie we all watch for decades to come. And if you haven't seen it, just go watch it now, please. And do yourself a favor, absolutely skip the Burton/Depp abomination.

Spaceballs

Can't rate it cause of I havent seen it. Hopefully the next person can rate two movies.

Get Out (2017).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Can't rate, but thanks for reminding me that I really need to see that movie

Neverending Story (1984)

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Can't rate, but thanks for reminding me that I really need to see that movie

Neverending Story (1984)

7/10 Oh man it was years since I seen it but I remember being blown away by the visuals in it, giant happy dragon dog guide... every movie should have one.

I rate it 7 because even when I think back to seeing it 10+ years ago... it hadn't age well in the visual side of things, and I think today it would be a tough recommend.

Anyone watched...

Brightburn

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

coolbeans said:
Brightburn

Eh...

About a 3-3.5/10 the more I think about it. It's basically another "demonic child" story garnished with a mask and cape. The child actor was tolerable and there were a couple solid gore effects, but it's just such a boiler-plate setup. The basic beats are hit and nothing is done to elevate it in this stuffed genre. There's potential for a sequel in respect to world-building, "antagonist," and better characters; for now, we're just stuck with a bland origin story.

Okay...here's an contentious one: Gareth Edwards' Godzilla (2014).

Godzilla 6/10. Great whenever we actually get to see Godzilla do something, fairly average action film otherwise.

Also, you mentioned Eragon earlier, so I'll do that one as well since no-one else did. 2/10. A bad adaptation of a below average fantasy novel that throws away most of the book's decent ideas for an even more generic plot and characters, now with added bad acting on the side.

I guess I'll ask someone's opinion on The Unforgiven (1992).