By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 6 July 2019

Switch wins Europe again. What is happening?
What else odd is going to happen?
Will Spiderman 4 be made?
Will Donald Trump become the Secretary General of the United Nation in 2024?
Will Hello Kitty receive a live action MMO?
Will Duke Nukem create an Animal Crossing-like spinoff, where people not only buy and decorate houses, but blow each other's up?
Will Steve, from Stranger Things, actually get a girlfriend?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Switch wins Europe again. What is happening?
What else odd is going to happen?
Will Spiderman 4 be made?
Will Donald Trump become the Secretary General of the United Nation in 2024?
Will Hello Kitty receive a live action MMO?
Will Duke Nukem create an Animal Crossing-like spinoff, where people not only buy and decorate houses, but blow each other's up?
Will Steve, from Stranger Things, actually get a girlfriend?

Will I believe again in humans and have positive thoughts about them? Haha not a chance, things may be weird but not weird enough for that.

Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud

CrazyGamer2017 said:

The PS4 is weakening overall and almost not being number one in sales anymore so I stand by what I said a long time ago: PS4 life time sales between 100 and 110 million units.

I'd say between 110 and 120 million is more likely.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

The PS4 is weakening overall and almost not being number one in sales anymore so I stand by what I said a long time ago:
PS4 life time sales between 100 and 110 million units.

Its at like 97m right now..... 

How is it possible in the 1,5years until the PS5 launches, it doesnt sell 3million units?

100m life time sales is silly estimate.
110m life time sales is also a silly estimate.

Real estimates (for lifetime) gotta be over 115m atleast, at minimum.

JRPGfan said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

The PS4 is weakening overall and almost not being number one in sales anymore so I stand by what I said a long time ago:
PS4 life time sales between 100 and 110 million units.

How is it possible in the 1,5years until the PS5 launches, it doesnt sell 3million units?

Because sales are seriously weakening and I'm just saying I said between 100 and 110m a long time ago, now I'd say closer to 110m so don't quote me on saying 100 million now, I did not say that now.

And in the end it's just an estimate, neither I nor you nor anyone else know the actual final figure so calling one estimate silly over another one is ill inspired.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
JRPGfan said:

Because sales are seriously weakening and I'm just saying I said between 100 and 110m a long time ago, now I'd say closer to 110m so don't quote me on saying 100 million now, I did not say that now.

And in the end it's just an estimate, neither I nor you nor anyone else know the actual final figure so calling one estimate silly over another one is ill inspired.

Lets say it does ~10m sales from now, until jan 2020.
97m now + 10m = 107m start of 2020.
Then in 2020 it does like 9m sales (down from 16m in 2019).
= 116m by the time the PS5 launches.

Then somehow sony decided to stop all PS4 production and not sell any more units..... and sales stay at 116m :p

I just dont see how it does that low though.
110m is still too low a estimate, imo, its obviously going to do more.

JRPGfan said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Then somehow sony decided to stop all PS4 production and not sell any more units..... and sales stay at 116m :p

I think that it's too high, maybe 8m/8.5m is a better guess, unless another revision comes out in the next months

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

JRPGfan said:

That would imply a serious boost in sales because it sold about 140k units this week and that's roughly a little over half a million units per month which if it maintains that level of sales, means 2.5 million units sold in the remaining 5 months of 2019 but you're projecting 10 million units sold in that lapse of time and I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong but it would take a tremendous boost in sales as I said and what we see these days is the opposite, sales are slumping which is normal since the system is in the last years of its cycle.

Then you project 9 million units sold in 2020 which is about 750k units per month next year. Again if it's only selling half a million units per month now why would it increase to 750k units next year when it's even closer to the end of its life?

So that's why I stand by a life time figure of 110 million units but like I said before it's just my estimate and nothing more, if I'm wrong I'm wrong

CrazyGamer2017 said:
JRPGfan said:

That would imply a serious boost in sales because it sold about 140k units this week and that's roughly a little over half a million units per month which if it maintains that level of sales, means 2.5 million units sold in the remaining 5 months of 2019 but you're projecting 10 million units sold in that lapse of time and I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong but it would take a tremendous boost in sales as I said and what we see these days is the opposite, sales are slumping which is normal since the system is in the last years of its cycle.

Then you project 9 million units sold in 2020 which is about 750k units per month next year. Again if it's only selling half a million units per month now why would it increase to 750k units next year when it's even closer to the end of its life?

So that's why I stand by a life time figure of 110 million units but like I said before it's just my estimate and nothing more, if I'm wrong I'm wrong

Are 2019 and 2020 not getting holidays?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

The PS4 is weakening overall and almost not being number one in sales anymore so I stand by what I said a long time ago: PS4 life time sales between 100 and 110 million units.

A PS4 super slim this holiday with a $50-$100 price drop will solve the problem and will strengthen sales for another year or two.