By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 6 July 2019

Regardless of what anyone may think lifetime figures for the PS4 will be it's not like it's doing bad in ANY scenario, even if it drops dead at 110 million units it would still be nothing short of absolutely huge, you guys know that right?

Around the Network

I dont really think anyone says it's not one of the most succesful consoles of all times :P

Most (almost everyone) would agree that it will sell above 120M and ranging up towards 140 I think I saw someone say, no matter where it lands in this area it's going to be the third best selling console of all time only behind PS2 and the DS. Amazing sales.

CosmicSex said:
All of this End of Life PS4 predictions has me wondering when Sony's Q1 results are due. They already shipped 100 million so folks saying that it will top out at 110 are crazy. They are almost guaranteed to be over that by the end of Q4. Going under 120 is like implying that Sony will stop shipping them. They will keep selling them into 2021 or 2022.

Esp if both MS & Sony plan on going the 499$ route for next gen (as rumors suggest).

JRPGfan said:
CosmicSex said:
All of this End of Life PS4 predictions has me wondering when Sony's Q1 results are due. They already shipped 100 million so folks saying that it will top out at 110 are crazy. They are almost guaranteed to be over that by the end of Q4. Going under 120 is like implying that Sony will stop shipping them. They will keep selling them into 2021 or 2022.

Esp if both MS & Sony plan on going the 499$ route for next gen (as rumors suggest).

With SSD's (And not just any SSD, new gen super fast SSD) instead of the archaic mechanical drives, high end PC's processing power, raytracing compatibility and God knows what else, yeah I'd be even surprised if they sell them for ONLY €499. That said, I don't think they'll go above that price cause the idea here is to sell to the masses and not just the few who can afford it. They'll take a loss if they have to.

Personally when I see what happened at the very beginning of the PS3's life cycle back in 2007, I'm glad they are trying again. I really thought the €600 price of the PS3 would totally work as a PERMANENT deterrent against trying: I thought "Put cheap tech in systems and sell them for cheap" was their eternal mantra but I am glad to see they still believe some people will pay for better tech. I for one plan to get the PS5 on day one and I don't mind a €500 or even €600 price tag if the tech actually justifies it.

It's how they do it in the PC world isn't it?

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 23 July 2019