By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Worst director of all time?

Who's the worst director of all time?

Uwe Boll 31 47.69%

Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg 2 3.08%

Michael Bay 8 12.31%

Roland Emmerich 1 1.54%

Eli Roth 0 0%

M. Night Shyamalan 5 7.69%

Tom Six 1 1.54%

Paul W.S. Anderson 0 0%

Zack Snyder 6 9.23%

Other 11 16.92%

Total:65
mZuzek said:
Gonna go with Roland Emmerich as I consider Godzilla 1998 to be probably the worst movie I've ever seen, and it's not exactly his only bad flick either.

I think that movie would not have gotten the bad rep it has if they had not mutated a salamander and then called it Godzilla.  It's definitely not Godzilla, but I wouldn't call it the worst movie I've ever seen by any stretch.

Around the Network

M. Night's movies are either a hit or miss. He can make movies that are so damn good, or so damn crap.
Zack Snyder's movies are pretty good.
Unsure about the rest.

But then we have Tom Six, director of the Human Centipede movies, I was highly let down by those movies, they got worse each time, therefore, my vote went to him. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

To be honest, I don't even know. Out of all the ones you've listed, it probably has to be Uwe Boll. The only movie of his that i've seen is House of the Dead, and it sucked. Needless to say, I don't intend on watching his other movies. Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich rarely ever make objectively good movies, but even their worst ones are still fun to watch. Armageddon and 2012 are guilty pleasures for me.

On a side note, I feel M. Night shouldn't be on this list. He's made some really great movies, and even made a comeback recently with The Visit, Split, and Glass.

George Lucas

He didn't direct Empire and Jedi, and it shows.  I-III were just trash.  Last Jedi and Force were infinity better than I-III.  The only movie Lucas directed that was good was Hope.

coolbeans said:
More people need to know about Neil Breen.

Yea, but his films always have the so bad it's good thing going on. Uwe Boll is hit or miss on that, plus makes shitty video game adaptations which pisses me off to where I can't even enjoy it even if was so bad it's good.

Mandalore76 said:
mZuzek said:
Gonna go with Roland Emmerich as I consider Godzilla 1998 to be probably the worst movie I've ever seen, and it's not exactly his only bad flick either.

I think that movie would not have gotten the bad rep it has if they had not mutated a salamander and then called it Godzilla.  It's definitely not Godzilla, but I wouldn't call it the worst movie I've ever seen by any stretch.

Agreed. I think it would be more highly regarded if it was a remake of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. Unfortunately, they wanted that Godzilla name for hype.

Around the Network

why is "M. Night Shyamalan" on that list?  (unbreakable, glass, split, signs, sixth sense, the Village)

Why is "Zack Snyder" on that list? (dude directed Watchmen, 300, Suckerpunch)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 18 July 2019

Bristow9091 said:
Well it definitely isn't Zack Snyder, say what you want about Batman v Superman (I actually like it, lol) and Justice League, but don't forget he was behind 300, Sucker Punch and most importantly (For me) Watchmen, which is still to this day my favourite comic book film, lol.

^ that.

Watchmen was a damn good movie.

Alan Smithee hands down.

Why isn't Tommy Wiseau on the list?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Why isn't Tommy Wiseau on the list?

He is a genius. A visionary. A man ahead of this time. We cant even come close to comprehend the complexity of his work.