By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Three Houses will include options for same-sex relationships

For those who so desire, you'll be able to pair up two ladies or two blokes in Fire Emblem Three Houses

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/confirmed-fire-emblem-three-houses-has-same-sex-romance-options

Around the Network

I took it as a given since they included the option in Fates.

PAOerfulone said:
I took it as a given since they included the option in Fates.

To be honest, I didn't even know there were same-sex options in Fates until my 3rd playthrough, they were so sparse. I mean good having them I guess, but the choices were pretty ramdom.

Anyway, great addition, though I'm more interested in the quality of writing than the existence of the relationships themselves. Romance has always been a part of FE, but Awakening and Fates didn't really impress with the quality of writing in the supports. Some were great...others were just four bland skits that ended with characters getting married. I'd much prefer a few well-written support choices rather than the "anyone can screw anyone" option of Fates/Awakening. But we'll see how this game handles it...obviously more options are better.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

More like Bi-leth, amirite? But in all seriousness, this is nice to hear. Now if only they'd have same-sex NPC-NPC pairings. I guess this deconfirms any child units appearing from the pairings, unless they went some sort of adoption route, or perhaps a magic-based route. I for one continue to welcome the shipping simulator elements.

Claude you better be one of those guys!!! Because Im choosing you when I do the Golden Deer Route!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

This may be a little too political for my war game.

They had to do it, this will avoid a few future problem for Nintendo. I really don't give a shit but it is a smart detail to avoid problems.

Theres plenty of characters, nothing wrong with a few that cater to the ~5% or so that happend to be gay/lesbian.
Like in some games, its not as easy to do, and can even feel out of place. Then dont bother, but in instances like this where its easy, why not?

Fire Emblem has so many small characters, nothing wrong with doing something for the ~5%, even if the other 95% probably wont care about it.

If it fits the story i'm fine with it,otherwise i do not care for it.

Good. There was the option in Fire Emblem: Fates. There's no reason to take it out. I hope they introduce same-sex relationships at some point for non-Avatar characters.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima