By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "Anti fascists" Severely Beat Journalist

@Machevellian
The thing about fire is that you know it burns. It's the only thing that it does so we approach it with caution. Therese are people. Rational people we think. The first thing in our minds is not that they are gonna beat me up for nothing more than standing there.

What you and people like @RolStoppable are finding trouble with is separating the actions and events from the individuals. Let's assume it was not Andy Ngo that was assaulted just some unknown journo. The same condamnation of Antifa would be presented. Ass it should. If the proud boys beat a left wing journo then the same scrutiny applies. So the story here is antifa beating somebody nothing else. The Andy Ngo part is only important to some cuz he is gay and asian. Antifa beats people all the time and most people and news organizations just ignore it.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Machiavellian said:

I expect him to be smart.  I expect him not to go into a group of violent people and believe he is safe.  I expect if he was going to go into a group of violent people he would either be fast, evasive, can kick some ass or have a pose with him.  If none of the above, then you have to ask yourself was he foolish, believed nothing would happen or knew what he was getting into and went in their like a soldier.  Either way, it was his decision.  People put themselves into dangerous situations all the time if things go south, well sometimes they do not make it.  

My point is that Mr. Ngo knew the situation.  He knew they were on the lookout for him, he knew through the things he has done previously that the group were definitely not going to shake his hand.  Maybe he thought the only thing he would get is a bunch of milkshakes and eggs thrown at him.  Either way, I wonder for the next protest like this will he go into the middle of the group again.

"I expect him to be smart.  I expect him not to go into a group of violent people and believe he is safe.  I expect if he was going to go into a group of violent people he would either be fast, evasive, can kick some ass or have a pose with him."

what was she thinking going down that dark alley alone at that time of night wearing a skirt that short? what? she had how many drinks and flirted with that guy? she should have known better

how is this any different to victim blaming women who are victimised after going out to party late at night?

"If none of the above, then you have to ask yourself was he foolish, believed nothing would happen or knew what he was getting into and went in their like a soldier."

like a soldier? he wasn't wearing fatigues and an m4 man, he had a camera and some gear for photography

so people who disagree with far leftists are no longer allowed to go out in public if they are around?

"He knew they were on the lookout for him, he knew through the things he has done previously that the group were definitely not going to shake his hand."

so reporters in your view shouldn't report on antifa?

"I wonder for the next protest like this will he go into the middle of the group again."

well its his job so...

this woman was beaten and sexually assaulted while reporting on events in egypt, what are your views on what happened to her?

Those two events aren't comparable what happened to Lara Logan was much worse its like comparing apples to oranges.  Also Lara Logan didn't agitate the people that assaulted her before the assault happened and she had no prior knowledge of the people that attacked her.  If anybody deserves some major blame for that incident besides the people that assaulted her its CBS news for not providing adequate protection for her so that the assault didn't happen in the first place.  I'm pretty sure the incident caused a major chance in CBS news protocol on how they handle sending reporters into dangerous situations.  On top off all that what happened to her was much worse because she got both physically and sexually assaulted. 

Mar1217 said:
thismeintiel said:

Who needs evidence? Someone on the Right can just claim anyone that has different ideals than them are SJWs/Communists and the rest will just buy it and label them as such. Makes debating your beliefs much easier when you don't actually have to debate. Or can't.

It's quite funny that I can change 2 words in this sentence and get the exact same feeling for the other group.

Expect we usually want proof of something. We aren't the birthplace of the #metoowithonlyaccusationsnoproof movement after all. And we certainly aren't making excuses for people getting the shit beat out of them for just disagreeing with us.

o_O.Q said:
tsogud said:

You should reread mine and others statements for those additional factors that you're ignorant of. I explained these factors in my first post. Either you simply glossed over it or you completely understood it and are still trying to spin your narrative. If it's the latter then you are just being deceptive and irresponsible with the facts.

Also you can fully read this article for more additional factors.

so he's a journalist that reported on antifa and that's a factor that somehow invalidates him as a victim in this scenario?

"you completely understood it and are still trying to spin your narrative. If it's the latter then you are just being deceptive and irresponsible with the facts."

the article and earlier you claim that andy ngo exposed members of antifa

you see that masked antifa guy there who split that guy's head open? he's now on 3 years of probation, do you know why? because he was exposed by people like andy ngo, are you arguing that people should just sit idly by and allow these thugs to continue?

it really is disgusting to imply that people seeking to bring these assholes to justice are somehow evil and are provoking violence

do you see anything wrong with the actions of those in antifa at all?

I'm not implying anything. You're hearing what you want to hear because you dislike leftists and their policies, so you try to connect Antifa with all leftists to spin your narrative that left=bad and right=good. I don't agree with the violence that Antifa commits, Ngo shouldn't have been assaulted.

I'm simply stating the fact that if you are actively and continuously provoking a violent extremist group and show up in front of said extremist group you should be prepared for what may come because they're dangerous and unpredictable. It's just common sense really.

eva01beserk said:
@Machevellian
The thing about fire is that you know it burns. It's the only thing that it does so we approach it with caution. Therese are people. Rational people we think. The first thing in our minds is not that they are gonna beat me up for nothing more than standing there.

What you and people like @RolStoppable are finding trouble with is separating the actions and events from the individuals. Let's assume it was not Andy Ngo that was assaulted just some unknown journo. The same condamnation of Antifa would be presented. Ass it should. If the proud boys beat a left wing journo then the same scrutiny applies. So the story here is antifa beating somebody nothing else. The Andy Ngo part is only important to some cuz he is gay and asian. Antifa beats people all the time and most people and news organizations just ignore it.

You would have a point if not for the fact that the leader of this Protest from the Antifa side called out Mr. Ngo by name.  Mr. Ngo doxx some members to the police which of course did not go over very well with the group and he was marked as a person of interest.  Mr. Ngo tweeted about this and mentioned he was afraid.

I have absolutely no problem separating the action of the events because no matter how you try to look at it, it was still Mr. Ngo choice to go directly in the middle of a group of violent protesters after he knew they were on the lookout for him.  Who cares if Mr. Ngo is asian and gay, walked on water or looked like Jesus.  He still would be a fool for walking into an angry violent group expecting to be safe.  There is 3 stories here.  Antifa beat up this guy and this guy was stupid enough to waltz right into their group like he was Jesus.  The 3rd story is how each side are playing out this scenario.

Around the Network

Is this really such a big issue? It's pretty normal for opposing radical groups to beat the fuck out of each other and Andy Ngo wasn't there as a neutral observer. At every european football match much more innocent people get beaten up.

It also always amuses me how many people misuse the word fascism.

Never really heard anything about the Proud Boys apart from what is reported about them in the mainstream media so I went to their website.

"Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism"

Apart from 'closed borders' I agree with their platform. Does that make me a Nazi?

Locknuts said:
Never really heard anything about the Proud Boys apart from what is reported about them in the mainstream media so I went to their website.

"Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism"

Apart from 'closed borders' I agree with their platform. Does that make me a Nazi?

Lmao you really think they're just gonna put "we're misogynistic white nationalists!" on their OWN website do you?? That'd be pretty naive of you.

MrWayne said:

Is this really such a big issue? It's pretty normal for opposing radical groups to beat the fuck out of each other and Andy Ngo wasn't there as a neutral observer. At every european football match much more innocent people get beaten up.

It also always amuses me how many people misuse the word fascism.

"Andy Ngo wasn't there as a neutral observer."

what was he?

"It also always amuses me how many people misuse the word fascism."

lol what do you understand fascism to mean?

The further left or right you go... The more they are the same. Both are as bad as each other with their blame pointing/victim role playing.

You can bet both parties knew what they were doing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--