By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most beautiful 2D game ever

Mar1217 said:
Oh that's easy ! It's Cuphead

That is another good one.  It deserves a mention for the interesting art style.

Around the Network

I found the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis very attractive at the time. It isn't the most beautiful ever, but it may have been the best to that point.

For me, gotta be Trine 2, though the imminent arrival for Trine 4 might change that.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Jeez, what do you want from me, engraved permission? :p

How about love?

I love all my VGChartz homies. :)

curl-6 said:

Can't believe we're this far in and no pictures, lulz.

Says the guy who make single sentence threads...

I'm quite partial to the last two Yoshi games.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

What game would you nominate for this honour?

Do 2.5D games count or are we talking specifically 2D? With Bloodstained being so fresh I can't help but think of it, it looks so good.

If it's strictly 2D, though, I suppose I'm going with Ori and the Blind Forest too. I'd name a couple honorable mentions, but when I start thinking of them it's too many, so, I won't.

This! 100% agreed with Bloodstained, by FAR my game of the year right now ahead of RE2.

drbunnig said:
I'm quite partial to the last two Yoshi games.

Agreed, those are two of my top picks too, beautiful games. (Though technically Crafted World isn't 2D I guess since you often move in the z axis)

The best looking 2D game that I've actually played is Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

Not exactly the most advanced game anymore, but Yoshi’s Island still looks beautiful.

Haven't played that many 2D games with excellent graphics, but I guess Odin Sphere is worth mentionning

Though from what i've seen in this thread, it seems Bloodstained will easily take the medal.