By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last games to release on PS3/360?

So far as I can confirm, the last games to release on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 were Just Dance 2019 and FIFA 19 on 23rd October 2018 and 28th September 2018 respectively.

I haven't been able to find any definitive word on games that have released since then or that are still coming in the future.

Have we seen the last of the 7th gen HD Twins in terms of software support, or have I missed something?

Around the Network

I wonder if XCloud could be made to run on XB360.....

Could be some obscure game that only released in one region. Who knows.

VAMatt said:

Any Xbox 360 title that works on XBO will be available on xCloud. xCloud and XB4 are all part of a unified Platform they are referring to as Project Scarlett. Phil Spencer announced that they are pulling the XBO B/C team off XBO, and they will be focused on making sure that all current XB and 360 B/C titles will be playable on Project Scarlett at launch.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

VAMatt said:

Could it? At 1080p Yes, all it needs to be able to do is decode a video stream. It seems playback of h264 mp4 files is limited to 10mbit, 30fps in the video player, so worse case scenario it would be limited to 1080p@30fps, but I imagine it has enough oomph to do a lot better than decoding just 10mbit. They won't bother with it though.

Around the Network

Weren't the last PS3 games the Limited Run games this year?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Weren't the last PS3 games the Limited Run games this year?

Don't know if they count, as they were released digitally prior to the limited run release.

Sorting by newest on PlayStation Store shows zero releases in 2019, other than The Last of Us, which I think is just listed as June 2019 release date because they created a new store page for it when they announced they were shutting down it's multiplayer.

So in terms of Retail games yeah Fifa 19/Just Dance look like the last ones, The most recent digital title is Hyper Void Complete which launched on 6th November 2018.

Barkley said:

other than The Last of Us, which I think is just listed as June 2019 release date because they created a new store page for it when they announced they were shutting down it's multiplayer.

I have been playing the Survivors mode occasionally, it's quite active, oh well, *uck them.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Barkley said:

Sorting by newest on PlayStation Store shows zero releases in 2019, other than The Last of Us, which I think is just listed as June 2019 release date because they created a new store page for it when they announced they were shutting down it's multiplayer.

So in terms of Retail games yeah Fifa 19/Just Dance look like the last ones, The most recent digital title is Hyper Void Complete which launched on 6th November 2018.

Thanks, that was the info I wanted. Does the PS3 store show if there are any games still to come?

I tried to check the same thing on my 360 but it's all screwy; I try to browse "new releases" by "release date" and it gives me a bunch of crap from all random years in random order; 2013, 2009, etc.

But yeah, looks like PS3/360 may indeed have sung their last song. End of an era.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 June 2019

curl-6 said:
Barkley said:

Thanks, that was the info I wanted. Does the PS3 store show if there are any games still to come?

I tried to check the same thing on my 360 but it's all screwy; I try to browse "new releases" by "release date" and it gives me a bunch of crap from all random years in random order; 2013, 2009, etc.

But yeah, looks like PS3/360 may indeed have sung their last song. End of an era.

You can't filter by console on the coming soon section (on PC), so without going through every game can't tell. But I assume there's nothing.