By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft issue Joint Statement on potential tariffs on China

Immersiveunreality said:
gamingsoul said:
Mateo Salvini is against massive immigration, I heard he is very popular right now in Italy, so why can’t The USA protect themselves from illegal immigrants? All dem candidates raised their hands when asked if they wanted free health care for illegals.

The problem i see with the implementation of massive immigration(in some countries) is that there is not enough effort invested to really integrate all of them,often they feel isolated and stick with their community and culture without having a good chance at making contact with the other citizens.

They should be our new neigbours we can relate with and not only group together to be an isolated culture inside another culture.

Illegal or not,i'd give my taxmoney to anyone needing healthcare and that wont be such a big moneydrain as sacrifice to be a bit humane.

The keyword here is quantity, when you have houndreds of people coming to your country daily how do you expect them to integrate to the society, especially when nobody knows where they go or what they do, also what motivation do they have to integrate when the government is hanging them free stuff, they have no reason to change they can keep living they way they were.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

gamingsoul said:

1. Italy it’s much smaller than the USA, I think it may even be smaller than Texas.

Exactly.  A lot easier to protect small countries.  

gamingsoul said:

2.the Mediterranean isn’t far away from Africa, so you have many ships that smuggle people, have you not seen the news?

Terrain also makes a big difference in how easy it is to stop illegal immigration.  

Flat terrain = high visibility = easy to catch

Mountainous terrain = low visibility = hard to catch

gamingsoul said:

3. I understand your noble intentions, but you cannot reward illegal behavior, why would these people want to improve the quality of their life in their respective countries if the USA hands them free stuff, remember entering illegally a country is a crime, anyone who claims asylum most follow the legal procedures established by the UN.

the USA isn’t the nanny of the world and how long until the tax payers cannot sustain that flawed system.

>you cannot reward illegal behavior

-It's not rewarding illegal behavior.  It's applying the same rights to everyone.  Other rights are protected regardless of citizenship.  

-Most importantly you're conflating illegality with morality.  Just because something is illegal, doesn't make it bad.  It just means that the area had some reason to pass a law.  

- you can't have universal healthcare without also covering non-citizens.  Universal healthcare is important because otherwise you end up with costs that aren't getting covered.  

>why would these people want to improve the quality of their life in their respective countries if the USA hands them free stuff

-People aren't leaving their families and friends and their country for free stuff.

-Most of those countries literally already provide that "free stuff".

> anyone who claims asylum most follow the legal procedures established by the UN.

You don't have to enter legally, to apply for asylum.  Asylum can be applied for regardless of status.  That is the law.  

>the USA isn’t the nanny of the world

-No one said it was.

-nanny of the world doesn't even make sense in this context, because again most countries already offer universal healthcare

>how long until the tax payers cannot sustain that flawed system.

And i'm sure you are also fighting against the billions of dollars that go towards oil subsidies.  

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with everything you just said.

the-pi-guy said:
Mr Puggsly said:

>dems are pretty much saying they want open borders

No they aren't. 

>support the idea of free healthcare for illegals

Just like Republicans supported emergency healthcare for illegals.

>Hence, they're making promises you only hope they wouldn't actually attempt.

yes, those impossible promises that nearly every western country on the planet has successfully implemented.

> Hence, the open border thing we have and push for free stuff isn't really that compatible

Illegal immigrants aren't even eligible for most free stuff.  

>especially when we already spend far more than the taxes collected

Our spending is a big mix of things.  Why not blame the military, which we spend 10x on that compared to food stamps.  

gamingsoul said:
Mateo Salvini is against massive immigration, I heard he is very popular right now in Italy, so why can’t The USA protect themselves from illegal immigrants? All dem candidates raised their hands when asked if they wanted free health care for illegals.

Italy doesn't have thousands of miles of border.  They also don't have a direct land border that connects directly with a line of poorer countries.  

>All dem candidates raised their hands when asked if they wanted free health care for illegals.

It's almost like illegals are still people, who deserve certain rights.  

Dems are absolutely encouraging people to cross over and have become opposed to kicking people out, they even defend criminals among them. Many examples out there.

I dont care what republicans may have supported, I'm personally opposed to using tax money this way. I mean we can't bitch about tariffs while supporting candidates that want big tax hikes on everybody.

The way democrats push social welfare programs is little like how Europe or. Canada does it. Democrats often want to go well beyond in ways that would be significantly more expensive. Which is why they often evede how to pay for it questions.

Cities and states vary on benefits illegals can benefit from. Maybe thats partly why people are leaving democrat run cities in droves. A lot of federal money also goes to the handling and caring of illegals, many billions.

I dont necessarily support the massive military budget nor do I support the food stamp program in a strong economy. We have a strong military partly as means of avoiding war and sometimes policing the world. While social welfare being used by healthy people viable for work is pathetic. Also, there would be less poverty if women were more responsible about who cums in them.

If its not our job to police the world why is it our job to provide healthcare for the world? Fuck that, maybe Europe can cover that bill.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

the-pi-guy said:
gamingsoul said:

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with everything you just said.

Considering a good portion of that was fact, you can't just "disagree".  

Your definite of “facts” it’s very “interesting” to say the least.

i am out, I already said what I wanted to say.

Don't ever believe that taxes to the super rich or corporations won't flow down to you.
Most of people here are complaining about the tax on China imports because the customers is going to pay. If you put taxes of the corporations or shareholders that will flow down to products, wages or prices one way or another. If the price or profit isn't sustainable because of the taxes they go away (like it happened to production leaving USA), or start investing in public bonds of countries that pay good on it without much risk or any other way that makes they money.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Also, there would be less poverty if women were more responsible about who cums in them.

Both the man and woman are responsible for intentional pregnancies. Not just the woman.
But if a woman doesn't want go get pregnant, unwanted pregnancies are primarily caused by the irresponsible ejaculations of men.

Men frequently pressure women to have sex without a condom. And are willing to risk getting a woman pregnant — which means literally risking her life, her health, her social status, her relationships, and her career, just so that they can experience a few minutes of _slightly_ more pleasure.
Men regularly choose to put women at massive risk by having non-condom sex, in order to experience a few minutes of slightly more pleasure. And during the c.a. 2 days each month when a woman even can get pregnant. Because it's not enough for them to have unprotected sex during the safe days.

While for women having a condom is not just much safer (don't have to take other forms of birth control with dangerous side effects), but much more convenient for them as well. (Much easier to clean up afterwards, etc.)

So it's interesting that you only pointed a finger at women.

And here I though woman had a say in the subject. Seems like everything is the fault of the man.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

And here I though woman had a say in the subject. Seems like everything is the fault of the man.

The other post blamed women for pregnancies in general, presenting no reasoning. And you had no complaints about that. 
Instead you make a passive aggressive comment towards me, ignoring that I said that both are responsible for wanted pregnancies. And as if 'primarily' means 'everything'.
I hope this is not how you commonly respond to comments.

I explained that men often pressure/guilt women into unprotected sex during the ~2 days a month they can get pregnant, risking their health/lives for the sake of a bit more pleasure. It's also not unheard of for men to trick women and remove the condom during sex without telling them.

While some women may agree to it, that doesn't mean that the ones pressuring them into it aren't the primary issue.
Since the other poster was keen on blaming only one side, I thought it was imperative to bring that up.

I didn't need to reply to him because you already replied saying that man aren't without guilty on unplanned pregnancy. But the way you put seemed like you were putting all or if you want on primarily most of the fault on the man.

It isn't good to reply to a bad comment putting all blame on woman by shifting all to man and then still find strange to be objected on it.

Even more when not being rape the woman had the power to refuse the pressure of doing unprotected sex. Even more when usually the party that would have more trouble on the unwanted pregnancy would be her.

gamingsoul said:

If I travel to the USA and I am banned from being allowed to use the health system, I would expect the same to happen in return when Americans visit my country... And when they visit any other country on the planet. - And there are thousands stationed here on rotation in the top-end all year round using our health system. (And no one whinges about it!)

That aside... I think any nation has a duty of care to anyone who visits/lives in the country regarding health care, regardless if they visited legally or not.
At the end of the day, life is short, we should help others when we are in a position to do so, but then again... I am a massive advocate for protecting life, more people should do the same.

It is similar to the world-wide maritime agreement... Basically as an Australian if I needed rescuing in American or even Chinese waters I wouldn't be charged for the privilege, but in return an American/Chinese that needs rescuing in Australian waters wouldn't be charged for the privilege either... You scratch my back, I scratch yours. - Ignoring the fact that Australia is responsible for all rescues in 1/8th of the worlds oceans anyway (And I am one of the first responders!) so the costs are very much against us, it's just common courtesy.

If you want to stop immigrants from leeching off your healthcare system, the solution is actually very simple. - Get some better border control, the Trump wall was an interesting premise, but anyone worth a pinch of salt new it wasn't going to be feasible to build, let-alone actually have Mexico pay for it... Not to mention how it was downgraded to a fence in areas and completely abandoned in other areas due to geography.

But a nation that can put a man on the moon, surely can protect their borders can't they?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't need to reply to him because you already replied saying that man aren't without guilty on unplanned pregnancy. But the way you put seemed like you were putting all or if you want on primarily most of the fault on the man.

It isn't good to reply to a bad comment putting all blame on woman by shifting all to man and then still find strange to be objected on it.

Even more when not being rape the woman had the power to refuse the pressure of doing unprotected sex. Even more when usually the party that would have more trouble on the unwanted pregnancy would be her.

If there's a bad comment I tend to add "While I disagree with the other comment..." to my posts, or else it's understandable if people think I don't have a problem with it, if I only attack the post that disagreed with it.

I didn't 'shift all to man'. I pointed out why they're more commonly the issue for unwanted pregnancies.
Which is why I found the comment that only blamed women in general to be particularly strange. If he was keen on pointing the finger only one way, why women over men? I couldn't highlight why him pointing at women was particularly strange without explaining what I said in my post.
It's not something I would have brought up out of the blue, like he did. Because I have no particular reason to bash on men. But in response to a comment like that, I will point it out. So the question is why he brought it up, and why women over men.

In your example, the man also the power to not go through with it. The difference in that situation is that he is pressuring her.

We have different posting habits, but I understand your point. And obviously saying only woman are guilty is very much wrong to avoid using harsher words.

But I wouldn't be able to say that man wouldn't be more guilty than woman, even more when woman defend empowering and my body my rules, the fact that usually is woman that do pregnancy con.

So I would preffer to say that both are equally to blame, balancing the man that pressure the woman with woman that knowing  she have more to lose also should avoid entering the risk.

Both my son and daughter will be taught about how serious sex is and the consequences of the act, plus to be responsible for their own actions and what they allow others to do to them.

Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

We have different posting habits, but I understand your point. And obviously saying only woman are guilty is very much wrong to avoid using harsher words.

But I wouldn't be able to say that man wouldn't be more guilty than woman, even more when woman defend empowering and my body my rules, the fact that usually is woman that do pregnancy con.

So I would preffer to say that both are equally to blame, balancing the man that pressure the woman with woman that knowing  she have more to lose also should avoid entering the risk.

Both my son and daughter will be taught about how serious sex is and the consequences of the act, plus to be responsible for their own actions and what they allow others to do to them.

A pregnancy con is not an unwanted pregnancy though. And that doesn't seem to be what the other poster was referring to. But on that note, which do you think occurs more often? A woman poking holes in a condom to get pregnant, or a man pressuring/guilting a woman to have unprotected sex?

Like I said, I'm pointing this out because that's the reason why it seems extra dubious for someone to only point at women.

Pregnancy con is certainly unwanted by the male, that is the reason to con so the guy don't go away (I know a girl that done it twice to ex-boyfriend and he pays allimony but never got back to her).

Nowadays I would say more woman that have active sexual life uses pill and other methods, because often both will be on the desire and if condom isn't there possibly would keep going anyway, so I don't think it would be much more woman that get pregnant due to being forced versus male conned (in developed country). But the balancing I put had nothing to do with the pregnancy con, but between responsabilities on wanting/accepting/etc unprotected sex. For example I could, but won't, give more discount to male being more likely to not be able to brake his sexual instincts due to hormone.

So as I said when not including rape, for me both are equally responsible/guilty for what happened. And if you wish you can include some of the forced sex (because it goes on veiled threat) as rape.