By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch games which don't need JoyCons / controllers

Little inferno and world of goo both play perfectly without the joycons, but I would have to boot them up later to make sure they don't require a press of A to get off that first menu.

Great games too btw.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Conina said:
Mnementh said:
I have a question though: to leave the current game and get back to the main menu I need a home button. Or is there a trick to do it with the touch-screen?
Conina said:

If you want to leave a game and go back to the home menu, you press the power button twice, then tip on "highlights", tip the touchscreen 3x and finally tip on "B back".

So you just have to "turn it off and on again" and take the highlights route.

Ah thanks. Overlooked that in the OP. Tried it out, and it works fine. Thanks.

And I am kinda dissapointed how many games that haven't the need for it - bloody mobile ports - push me through the controller connection dialog.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

And I am kinda dissapointed how many games that haven't the need for it - bloody mobile ports - push me through the controller connection dialog.

Yeah, it is a shame and totally unnecessary. I also expected much more mobile ports to work fine without buttons.

Can anyone test the Ace Attorney Trilogy?

I never looked into it but I hope the new Yu-Gi-Oh! game will be able to play fully touch screen as well.

Human resource machine
World of Goo
Little Inferno

All work perfectly from start to finish with no joy cons attached to the system

also tried lost phone stories, a game which 100% should be playable like this, but you're immediately greeted with a screen asking where the controllers are at, so those games are out of this list.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I'm able to play Pinball FX3 with touch screen only, including navigating menus and such. You can even play it in vertical/portrait mode, ideal for a pinball game.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I wonder if "Smashing The Battle" needs controller input. It's just an old mobile game on the Switch. 🤔