By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Cyberpunk beat Skyrim sales?

Skyrim vs Cyberpunk

Yes, but will take more time 9 13.24%

Yes, in less time 6 8.82%

Never 53 77.94%

Total:68

Even though it's too early to tell, I'd guess not. Skyrim is a title from a decades long franchise with a very usual style, gameplay and plot.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Witcher 3 has sold 20m, I don't think Cyberpunk will sell better.

I doubt it.

Skyrim's 30 Million is an old number, as the-pi-guy says.

Cyberpunk will be pretty huge though, coming off the hype of Witcher 3 and being a guaranteed cross-gen title. 20 Million is probably in the bag.

Last edited by Carl - on 20 June 2019

Skyrim released and re-released on everything includeing toasters.....

So Im not sure it will.
cyberpunk will probably be a better quality game though (from what Ive seen).

Nopes, it will be very successful, but it won’t beat Skyrim. Skyrim is one of those games that achieved mass market status, everybody was playing it. There is an old grandma that is a teacher at my school that is still obsessed with it.

Around the Network

It won't.

It will have a run similar to Red Dead Redemption 2.

Depends on whether or not Cyberpunk gets ported to toasters, potatoes, and smart cars.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

No. I foresee well over 10m, but to reach Skyrim levels requires a perfect storm of things. Skyrim came in the time when fantasy content was huge in the mainstream. CyberPunk style games aren't as popular. Fans of RPGs and CDPR will all buy it, but it'll have trouble bringing in a lot of normies. People can scoff all they want, but normies are the majority of sales.

A lot of Skyrim's success is attributed to the era of its launch and the mod community, it was a great game at the time of release but it came at the perfect time for such a game and the mod community also gave it the longevity to reach the sales it has to the point a lot of people don't even play or have not played Skyrim's vanilla game.

I feel CP can possibly sell 15m but not the 30m as it would require an equivalent community behind the game to reach those numbers as such numbers are obtained in the very long run.